PDA

View Full Version : storing car seats

shazza06
31-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi...I have a house full of car seats and buggies and wondering wher on earth i can store them..have 5 car seats and three buggies..need space for car seats and double [big] buggy...havent got garage and wondering if I bought a plastic storage shed would them get mouldy and mildewy in this damp climate..where does everyone else store theres please and any ideas ...house been taken over !!!!

lisbet
31-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Subbing for ideas too :)

singingcactus
31-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, they will probably go moldy, if you store them for an extended period of time. For the car seat though, you could always remove the covers first, if they are going to be stored for a while. The pram, you could get some plastic/polythene to cover it before the shed, to keep the damp out.

Bluebell
31-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I've got a tiny shed outside with the washing machine in and some can go in there but have to be lifted out to get to washing machine. Some go in hall, some go in cupboard at bottom of stairs. some just have to sit in living room. Mostly I try and keep them in situ - so car seats in car and smallest pushchair in car - only my large double buggy won't fit so stays under stairs. Its a pain like this week when we take them all out of car so we've got room to go out as a family!

I'm sure if your pushchair is dry and clean when it goes into storage it stands a good chance of not getting mildewy? If the storage is watertight it should be ok? I agree wrapping it is a really good idea. How long does it need to go into storage for? Sometimes finding somewhere is not as hard as having to be able to get it in and out all the time - especially things that are so big and heavy!

The Juggler
31-03-2013, 04:45 PM
i put mine on the floor up against my expedit unit in the lounge if I have to take them out the car and need to use them often. This stops the babies pulling out all the vinyl (plastic records if you are too young to remember - lol) and they use them to role play going driving in the car or being on the train.

I rarely use the car for work now though so they are in the loft until the holidays when I use them occasionally.

shazza06
31-03-2013, 07:00 PM
basically looking to store for weekends plus school hols as I only work termtime and really dont want a house full for 6 weeks over summer/xmas hols etc

shazza06
31-03-2013, 07:03 PM
while i`m at it on here advice re: car seats..I have a vauxhall zafira with 3 britax car seats across the back seats and struggle to get seats in to boot and then toddlers into them..what small car seats are there which arent too bulky but suitable from 1yr upwards ..most of my kids are around 18 months now

shortstuff
31-03-2013, 07:16 PM
I got a 123 car seat from kiddi care? £60 reduced to £25. Its really light. Hth