PDA

View Full Version : Gove versus Reality

Simona
31-03-2013, 01:09 PM
This is a MUST watch...see if you can connect what is happening to teachers to what is being proposed for early years: academies and agencies? (for profit?)
Teachers low morale, constant attacks, Ofsted target driven inspections, lack of respect, teaching a curriculum that stifles creativity??

lisbet
31-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Link is here (http://www.goveversusreality.com/)

Thanks for sharing that :thumbsup:

It's ALL about cheapening and deregulating public services isn't it :ohdear:

WibbleWobble
31-03-2013, 02:37 PM
i see what has happened to the NHS happening to education.

I left the NHS a few years ago and i wish i had put my predictions with a bookmakers....i would be well in with the money now. I predicted that with the NHS being "businessfied" and money being the target instead of health based outcomes, patients would die and hospitals will end up going bankrupt.......now does this sound familiar? (mid staffs hospital).

I see similar happening to education. A few years ago i went to a meeting with the head of education of my LA (in my guise as a school governor) about the govts (i admit this was a labour idea) propsals for TLC (transforming learning communities). This was in effect closing down schools to save money as they reckoned there would be a drop in spaces needed.

I stood up and asked whether these proposals would be future proof as i could remember the early 1990s when my daughter was being taught in massive classes and at the time there was a big hoo hah about it all. I was poo pooed and told in no uncertain terms to shut up.

and a few years later.....school class sizes are rising, the data was wrong. the birth rate didnt fall as much as was predicted and we have the influx of foreign nationals who have settled with families, work, pay tax and now need places for their children.

and at the end of the day who will be blamed for all this...? the govt? NO!!!

Nurses

Teachers

any one else who is vulnerable, a public servant...someone who does the job not for the money (we could all be bankers if we wanted to be in a job for the money)

Gove is probably the most dangerous person to have around children.....even more than Truss.....

i wouldnt trust either of them with a hamster

wibble now gets off her soap box and puts it away after a good clean. x

Simona
31-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Thank you for posting the link lisbet...I forgot it!!

The Juggler
31-03-2013, 04:52 PM
and they are making even more changes to the NHS from tomorrow Wibble. The whoel thing is to decentralise so they don't have to offer government paid support to schools, NHS or early years. The schools in the end, will be self regulating apart from the old 4 year ofsteds' no LA advisors or advanced skills support to failign schools, the oustanding schools helping the other schools improve (like they are not busy enough teaching their own children and staff.

once they've got rid of the LEA, the LA Early years teams - where will they look next

Simona
31-03-2013, 05:33 PM
2015...election year!! get them out in the hope a new govt can patch up the mess left behind?