PDA

View Full Version : resources help?

Bluebell
31-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Hi I'm thinking of doing an activity where the children can lie down and draw round each other to make big cut out pictures of themselves. Any idea where I could buy paper large enough to do this? cheaply if possible!

Also I'd really like to get some more equipment for the garden like old milk crates, bread trays, planks, guttering - don't want to buy through a proper early years resources website as they are all so expensive - any recomendations for getting hold of these things? I guess guttering from a DIY store but milk crates? Not sure that milk man will just have spare ones lying around!

shortstuff
31-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I would just ask around the community. Try the big supermarkets? They might have some taking up room in their warehouses? With regards to paper. How about rolls of wallpaper?

Mouse
31-03-2013, 07:59 AM
Use a roll of wallpaper backing paper for your body pictures.

As for other resources, as people on free cycle or local Facebook selling pages.

Angela234
31-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Yep cheap rolls of wall paper also use these for large display pictures

I'm looking for create ideas

I'm looking at getting washing up bowls to keep things like pebbles, sticks, wood, pine cones, maybe soil. pots/ pans in then just put them into storage unit to keep dry was going to get storage containers but they crack /split.

I need to go for walks to collect wood/sticks/pine cones.

VeggieSausage
31-03-2013, 01:45 PM
roll of paper from Ikea...

lisbet
31-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Joining the thread as I'm looking for ideas on how to source these things too :)

I'm going to ask my local carpet shop for some cardboard rolls, but that's as far as I've got!

zippy
31-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Depends how wide they are how about a roll of cheap lining paper

mummyMia
31-03-2013, 02:47 PM
I got a big roll of lining paper from B&Q the other day just for this purpose. It was in one of those big offer bins they sometimes have as you go in the door and was only £1. :)

greanan
31-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Yep, get a roll of lining paper from your wallpaper shop. I roll it over the table aswell sometimes so they can draw on it as they wish

sarahmc
31-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Free cycle is good for unusual bits. Have got corks, material and plastic crates all for free.

Carolc
31-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Asda do rolls of paper to draw on was thinking of get some for putting down when painting think its a few £ not very expensive Xx

Helen Dempster
31-03-2013, 08:19 PM
When I was walking home from the school run recently, I actually found big rolls of wallpaper that someone had put out for bin men - still wrapped, brand new! I only took one roll, but I found it ideal for drawing on and around selves etc. Another thing they enjoyed was dipping their feet in paint and just walking along the laid out wallpaper on the floor! :)

MessybutHappy
31-03-2013, 09:17 PM
When I was walking home from the school run recently, I actually found big rolls of wallpaper that someone had put out for bin men - still wrapped, brand new! I only took one roll, but I found it ideal for drawing on and around selves etc. Another thing they enjoyed was dipping their feet in paint and just walking along the laid out wallpaper on the floor! :)

We did that! Went really well 'til I got then to step into water to clean their feet but forgot to tell them not to step back on the paint.....oops!