PDA

View Full Version : Paintimg Little Tikes toys

It's a small world
30-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Hi

My friend and i were discussing how our Little Tikes outdoor toys - picnic bench , slides etc had faded over the years and wondered if anyone had repainted them and if so what did you use ? These toys are sturdy and expensive to replace so wondered if painting them was a cheaper option but only if safe x

Mouse
30-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Someone's done it here with spray paint. I wonder if you can buy something similar in the uk.

DIY Project: Spray Paint Plastic Outdoor Toys ~ Lille Punkin' (http://www.lillepunkin.com/2012/05/diy-project-spray-paint-plastic-outdoor.html)

Try googling 'painting plAstic garden toys'.

clareelizabeth1
30-03-2013, 08:14 AM
That's happened to all mine too I just go for keeping them really clean.

margaret
30-03-2013, 09:42 AM
I painted little tykes chairs with spray paint from b&q, they looked as good as new.I would make sure you do it in well ventilated garage/shed as i thought i would do it out in garden with first chair ,suddenly got windy - grass looked a bit blue - they say you learn by your mistakes.

LauraS
30-03-2013, 12:49 PM
I have a big wooden tp toys slide set thing with a plastic slide and gave repainted the slide with plastikote spray paint from b and q. Lots of thin layers in a well ventilated area etc. I used two tins on the slide at £8 or.so each.

It takes a long time to dry, I let the kids back on after 24 hours and it wasn't fully hardened so it scraped off a little. I'd keep them off for a week to be sure.

It's a small world
30-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I painted little tykes chairs with spray paint from b&q, they looked as good as new.I would make sure you do it in well ventilated garage/shed as i thought i would do it out in garden with first chair ,suddenly got windy - grass looked a bit blue - they say you learn by your mistakes.

Was it called plasti kote ?

It's a small world
30-03-2013, 04:42 PM
I have a big wooden tp toys slide set thing with a plastic slide and gave repainted the slide with plastikote spray paint from b and q. Lots of thin layers in a well ventilated area etc. I used two tins on the slide at £8 or.so each.

It takes a long time to dry, I let the kids back on after 24 hours and it wasn't fully hardened so it scraped off a little. I'd keep them off for a week to be sure.

Was it the outdoor one you used ? And did you use the same colour as the original or change the colour? Will make sure i leave it to dry for a few days to ensure it doesn't scrape off or mindees go home with blue bottoms x

LauraS
31-03-2013, 12:07 AM
It was the outdoor one. I changed the.colour from pale yellow to.dark green which worked fine - not sure if it would have been ok going from dark colour to light though!

Sweetpea
02-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I'd be really interested if it works well learning how you did it

angeldelight
02-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I'd be really interested if it works well learning how you did it

Yes me too

Another job for hubby then :laughing:

Angel xx