PDA

View Full Version : over 5s only

jake
29-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Hi i am now only looking after children over 5 years old,i decided to do this because it suits me and my family better.And iv always found the eyfs difficult to be honest,and i do work better with the older children!I know i no longer need to do any eyfs paperwork now but is everything eles still the same?policys and procedures ect.And do i need to tell ofsted?
Thanks jake

mummyMia
29-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I guess you could take yourself off the early years register if you are sure that you will never look after a child under 5 again. Or you could stay on there just in case you change your mind. I think if you do not look after any early years children for three years then Ofsted with take you off the early years register themselves. I am sure someone more knowledgeable will come along soon. :)

blue bear
29-03-2013, 07:26 PM
You dont need to tell them immediately I don't think you could always ring your development officer if you have one and get advice. If youdo decide to come off the early years register it costs more just to be on the older register.

FussyElmo
29-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Always keep your options open - if you were to lose a few and an eyfs child needed the space you would be able to take them on :thumbsup:

But I do think as an pp said if you have no eyfs children for so long Ofsted remove you themselves :thumbsup: