PDA

View Full Version : Developmental Officer.

BeckyStephenie
28-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Hi,

I have only just applied last week to start the process of becoming a childminder, and reading up on it, it looks so daunting. I received an email saying that my developmental officer will ring me at some point in April, to question me on information i have been sent. I know this is ridiculous as its only the very beginning, but I wondered if anyone could help reassure me. What type of questions do they ask? If you are unsure of anything are you penalised? or is it a generally friendly chat? Any advice would be very helpful, and about if the whole process is as daunting as it sounds :).

Thanks.

shortstuff
29-03-2013, 05:57 AM
It sounds from your limited info in your post, as if they are just going to check you have received everything?

BeckyStephenie
29-03-2013, 06:37 AM
They said to be ready to answer questions? I didn't know if the first meeting with the development officer was quite formal or friendly and relaxed?

JulieA
29-03-2013, 06:56 AM
I think it differs from each local authority. They each have their own requirements and processes. Where I live we had to attend a day where there was a lot of information given and existing childminders to talk to. Then you had to complete the ICP before registering to Ofsted. Please don't feel daunted as although there are some tough times, it can be extremely rewarding and great fun. And don't forget the help and advice from this wonderful forum.

phoenix2010
29-03-2013, 07:05 AM
It will just be a chat about the process or registering, why you want to do it etcc

nothing to worry about , shes not going to quiz you :thumbsup:

BeckyStephenie
29-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Thank you so much! Yes they did do a meeting but they just email a pack to you now, and the officer is planning to call me sometime in April. Which is rather vague lol

rachelmama
29-03-2013, 01:00 PM
hi and welcome to our forum
lots of great advice on here for you, and everyone are really friendly and helpfull good luck :thumbsup:

blue bear
29-03-2013, 05:47 PM
I would have thought its more so you can ask questions rather then them grill you. They are there to support you through the registration process and beyond, some are certainly better than others but in general they are only interested in helping you.

BeckyStephenie
29-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Thank you :) you have made me feel TONS better :)! And yes I've found it very useful so far, seeing what others do and problems they face! Just to get through this whole process, then I will be calmer! The email was written in such a way as it will be some sort of test, glad it isn't!!