PDA

View Full Version : so cross I could burst

Memina
28-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Where oh where do I begin? Rant alert!!!!

My sister and her husband live in the sam town as me about 10 min in the car and my nephew attends the same school as my son.

Its become somewhat of a regular request to 'oh could you just pick up l for me' or 'would you have niece a little longer today' or can ypu drop her/him off.

They are very unorganised and I find myself giving money to my nephew at the gates because sis has forgotten. My sister works as a fire fighter and is on shift so the other day I agreed to have my nephew until 9pm because they had no-one else to do it (because my brother in law plays football) but instead of coming straight home they stopped off for a drink and didnt rock up until almost 11pm. Now hes 7 ans my kids are 3 & 6 and are in bed by 7pm.
L was beside himself, I was annoyed because I was tired etc etc.

I feel like im always moaning about my nephew but its when hes with my son they fight, bicker and mess about so I spend my time shouting at them or telling them off only for them to be best mates the next minute.

Well todays request was could I pick up from school and drop hom off at the station where his grandad was going meet us. So after a mad rush from school with little ones and bump I get to the station and wait 30mins to be told that hes not coming and could I just drop off at his other aunts house.

Well im so cross because not only did we rush, it wasnt fair on the other children who now couldnt go to soft play because we'd been delayed so much we wouldn't make it!

My brother in law said he'd pay extra but that's not my problem! My issue is they put these demands on me and it impacts on my life. So new term and I'll be saying NO NO No

No real point just ranting really

MessybutHappy
28-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Phew, I'd be ranting too! It never ceases to amaze me how badly we people treat each other! And when it's family too, well that seems to makes it all the more likely, who knows why?! I hope you feel better for sharing and are going to have some down time over easter! Hugs

clareelizabeth1
28-03-2013, 07:54 PM
I know how you feel I have a no working for family policy now. It just never works. Life for me works better when extended family is kept as far away as possible from my work life. Lol

marnieb
28-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Your brother in law would rather play football than collect his own child??

Says it all really..........

Bridey
28-03-2013, 09:11 PM
I have just started working for my brother and sister-in-law. Before we agreed things, we sat down and discussed that, as far as childminding was concerned, I would treat them the same as any other family I work for. I made it clear that my 'aunty head' would be taken off and my 'business head' would be put on. We are a few months in now and things are working very well for us all. I'm loving it!

Your sister and her husband are taking the p***. I would certainly start using the work "NO". Good luck!

The Juggler
28-03-2013, 10:10 PM
end of the line honey. tell them, things are not working out and you don't want to continue as you don't want to fall out with them and business and family don't mix.

save your family relationship - help them find a closer minder and tell them no hard feelings :)