PDA

View Full Version : Theres ants in me kitchen what am I gonna do!

Memina
28-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Lol I have the rat in me kitchen song stuck in my head!

Well as the title says really....we have ants!!!! Have two crawling babies so dont wanna put powder down so anything else I can do?

skytvaddict
28-03-2013, 01:00 PM
They are a pain! I had some a couple of weeks ago and bought a couple of ant traps which I put down overnight and picked up when babies were about. It took about 3 days of doing it and they have dissapeared. I got them at B&Q if that helps :)

rosebud
28-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Lol I have the rat in me kitchen song stuck in my head!

Well as the title says really....we have ants!!!! Have two crawling babies so dont wanna put powder down so anything else I can do?

Take the kickboards off the bottom of your units and put powder underneath where the babies can't get. I put around the outside of the house too along the bottom of the wall and around the doors - anywhere that the children won't be playing. Make sure you clean up every scrap of food (not easy when you have children around!) especially at night, and check highchairs for bits. Try to find out where they're getting in and put powder or spray down there, a few days of this usually does the trick.

Trpta108
28-03-2013, 01:29 PM
I had this problem a few years ago and put down cayenne powder which worked. A few days ago some started coming in the dining room and as I didn't have any cayenne I used clove powder and they haven't come back. And it smells nice:)