PDA

View Full Version : Another bank holiday so here we go again

AliceK
28-03-2013, 12:19 PM
:angry:
Every time we have a bank holiday it's the same. I issue invoices a little bit earlier and at the bottom in bold I put the date invoices should be payable and cleared, so this month is today (28th). I also put a reminder that vouchers take 3 working days to reach my account. So why oh why am I still waiting for 2 parents to pay me?????? I have just sent out an email reminding parents that I need to be paid today in order for them to avoid late payment charges (which if they don't pay until after the bank holiday weekend will be quite a lot!!) I am so sick and tired of all this :angry:

xxxxxx

smurfette
28-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Aw hun! That sucks ..maybe a text instead of an email? Hope u get your money today, better in your pocket for the weekend than theirs!

AliceK
28-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Aw hun! That sucks ..maybe a text instead of an email? Hope u get your money today, better in your pocket for the weekend than theirs!

I know they pick their mails up on their phone so they'll see it. If they don't pay today they will owe me a LOT in late payment charges plus I'm tempted to give notice. Why should I show any loyalty to parents who don't pay me on time. Time and time again I get enquiries which would earn me a lot more than I get from them but I'm loyal and professional but now I'm thinking, why should I be :angry:

Sorry for the rant just having a bad day I think :blush:

xxxx

jackie 7
28-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Tell them that in future you must be paid on advance and money for the following week must be cleared by a Wednesday. Also late charges will increase with the number of late payments they have made. In a nursery they demand a month in advance.

AliceK
28-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Tell them that in future you must be paid on advance and money for the following week must be cleared by a Wednesday. Also late charges will increase with the number of late payments they have made. In a nursery they demand a month in advance.

All my parents pay monthly. (their choice) They have all been invoiced for April, invoices need to be paid by the 1st of the month so in this case as the 1st is a BH payment is due today. It's all spelt out very clearly on their invoices, there is no excuse. If anyone has a problem with this they have more than enough time to speak to me when they receive their invoice. I do have a couple of parents who don't get paid until the last working day of the month, they spoke to me in the beginning and so for them they have a few days grace for their payment to get to me, again the "required by" date is on their invoice. It just makes me so angry.

xxxx

Bananabrain
28-03-2013, 03:10 PM
I have had exactly the same conversation with my husband this morning! When I read your post it felt like someone had infiltrated my brain:laughing:
Every time there is a bank holiday there is a problem. The worst was the royal wedding. From memory I think it coincided with another bank holiday and the voucher company just 'forgot' to put my payment through!
I have been on the phone this morning [a different company] She has assured me it has been done and I haven't been forgotten but very nonchalantly said 'oh, you will get it on Tuesday.'
Why don't they make provision for bank holidays?
I just don't think parents realise that the money I earn pays my mortgage/feeds my family.:laughing:
Don't know why I'm laughing, it's not funny.
My husband commented 'just think what a disaster it will be if minders have to be paid through agencies, then it will be worse!' Doesn't bear thinking about!

NI MINDER
28-03-2013, 03:18 PM
I am waiting on two lots of childcare vouchers for March but have no hope of getting them in time for the bank hol weekend. For some reason they are never through to my account until 4th of following month... and I dont ask parents for payment in advance this is for work I have already done ie for March childcare.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-03-2013, 04:02 PM
My vouchers get to me as and when but always by the 5th of the following month for which they are due (I am happy with this as it is cash in the bank)

All my parents pay by internet banking and it clears instantly so I still expect some over the weekend.

lauraring1
28-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I feel your pain... Same here!! But hey, we are only childminders, not an important bill in parents eyes! :0)

Becci26
28-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Frustrating isn't it!?

I emailed all parents their invoices this month and then separately emailed them quite a stern email saying that cleared funds must be received before the bank holiday on Monday.

It prompted 2 of them to pay that same day, I am just waiting on the other 2 now...drives me mad every time that we have to chase them up!

I'm particularly conscious of it this month as this is my first month with just the schoolies so a dramatically reduced salary PLUS they're term time only :-/ and money is more than a little tight!

Catterick CM
29-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I accepted long ago that voucher payments will be late, they can't pay it till it is taken out of their wage, it's the voucher company that drag their feet mine never arrive till 6th but I know their coming so its no big deal, I've just organised my finances to take this into account. Same with bank holidays really, realistically they can't send payment till they've received it from their employer. Is there any way you could organise your direct debits to come out a bit later in month so that you can pay yourself a wage on say the 6th instead of 1st. Only other way is to come down hard on late payment charges so they reorganise their finances to pay you on preferred date.