PDA

View Full Version : sitting in on health visitor 2 yr check

Helly Belly
27-03-2013, 10:05 PM
hi i offered to go to parent house for twin mindees 2 year health visitor check, a few reasons, to watch boys at home, and while mum talking, one of them waiting for full paediatric check as delays and issues and another reason to help with information sharing etc but now im thinking i should have checked pros and cons with all you lovelies on here, i may have to bite my tongue a bit if im given the 'oh thats nice your babysitter is here ' look or i think mum may want to show off what the twins can do and not hilight the problems they are each facing at moment
any ideas v welcome
thanks in advance

hectors house
27-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I would discuss with the mum how she intends to share information with the Health visitor and what outcome she is hoping for with any help the twins need. I would want to introduce myself to the HV and state why I feel the need to be present at the 2 year check up and make it clear that you feel your input and knowledge on the development issues should be listened to. Please let us know how you get on and whether HV read your 2 year report or listened to any concerns you have.

Helly Belly
28-03-2013, 12:47 PM
thank you for reply, just finished meeting, and really good, my two check not needed (although mum had it), as we went thru hv paperwork and she looked at me for response as well as mum so great , i left my number and mum said the more people talking about her lo the better, lots of referrals going to be done so looks like we are going to get the help we need x

jackie 7
28-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Wow. That must have been so good for the child.

sarah707
28-03-2013, 06:57 PM
I think it's brilliant that you were invited along! It's so good when things work as they should :D