PDA

View Full Version : How to setup hoyse ready for childminding

adedwards68
27-03-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm in the process of registering as a childminder. I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how, my lounge in particular, on how I can setup my house to store toys, display things on walls without making my house look like a nursery I don't want to be putting things away, under the stairs, every single night only to have to get up early the next morning to get the toys, child size chairs back out again
Any help?

adedwards68
27-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Sorry predictive text! Should read house not hoyse

serin
27-03-2013, 09:49 PM
I'm in the process of registering as a childminder. I was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas on how, my lounge in particular, on how I can setup my house to store toys, display things on walls without making my house look like a nursery I don't want to be putting things away, under the stairs, every single night only to have to get up early the next morning to get the toys, child size chairs back out again
Any help?

I have one of these large ottoman stools and I put all the toys and books in here. I dont have a childrens table and chairs for them to eat their food because I dont want it taking up space. I do have a high chair which i have for my son anyway but it collapses.

Buy Large Ottoman with Stitching Detail - Red at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Ottomans. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9120345.htm)

The Juggler
27-03-2013, 10:01 PM
lots of adaptable storage and stackable boxes :thumbsup::thumbsup: in my lounge I have an ikea expedit. I bought boxes which go in the holes and store loads and the rest is on shelves or stackable storage boxes on top of the unit itself.

I have crafts stored away in my kitchen in various drawer units and smallworld sets stored in boxes in my cellar (no shed or garage). I have a role play area which stays out all the time in teh back corner of my lounge but goes away for long holidays:thumbsup: