PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Child Minding, a little help please?

rachcard
26-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Hi, I have four children of my own aged 5,3,2 and 6months. Would I be able to register as a child minder? I look after my two nieces aged 4 and 8weeks at the moment while my sister works and it has started me thinking about child minding as I am enjoying it so much. Thanks in advance for any replies.

jillplum
27-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Well yes you could become achildminder but It doesnt seem like you would have any spaces! First step is to approach your local Family Information Service and they will tell you what is required.

funemnx
27-03-2013, 01:33 PM
You could become a childminder - however, we are allowed to care for no more than 6 children under the age of 8 years. This would mean you could look after 2 school age children but not your nieces unfortunately :thumbsup:

There is also some information on the Ofsted website - good luck :)

mummyMia
27-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Yes you could register but you would only be allowed to look after school aged children as you have three under fives of your own. There are quite a lot of costs involved in registering so it may not be financially worthwhile just for a couple of after school children. When is your three year old turning four and starting school? If starting this September then that would free up a full time under five space. Four year olds in full time school are treated as if they were 5. It can take a while to get registered so it is a good idea to start now if you want to be ready by September. :)