PDA

View Full Version : I had an 'inspection' today

lisbet
26-03-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm a new childminder and my children are still getting used to me working with other children within our home, especially my 6yr old who hasn't experienced becoming a big sister.

Today she appeared by my side and announced that she had come to inspect our house. Her first question was whether I always give people presents for their birthday :laughing: and then she asked if I "cared about kids" (ie do I still love her best!) and then there were quite a few Ofsted-esque questions about what activities I do with children.

Anyway, she's left me a copy of the report she wrote (which also says the house is clean :thumbsup:) and she told me straight away that I've passed! :phew: :laughing:

SYLVIA
26-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Oh how sweet. It's amazing what they actually notice isn't it

Kerry84
26-03-2013, 09:57 PM
aww how sweet, I am only pre-reg start course in June but my lo's are so excited planning out the playroom etc they are too cute, but I do have strict instruction that my almost 7 year old boys room is out of bounds but my 4 year old girl said they can all share her room lol :)

blue bear
26-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Can she come and do mynext inspection please, thi k she will make an excellent ofsted inspector:thumbsup:

lisbet
26-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Can she come and do mynext inspection please, thi k she will make an excellent ofsted inspector:thumbsup:

:laughing: I think you'd do fine as long as you gave her a present! ;)

Little Puddings
26-03-2013, 11:59 PM
That is lovely :)

Kiddleywinks
27-03-2013, 06:25 AM
Aww that's lovely :clapping:

my two on the hand are a little bit older, 12 and 15, and 'threaten' me with a call to Ofsted if they don't get their own way :laughing: (in a joking way I might add, and never with mindees present)
eg, my 12 year old has the appetite of a horse - never stops eating, so when, at bedtime, he starts asking for food he's all 'hmmm, sending a child to bed starving, oh Ofsted.....'
Or the 15 year old that wanted to stay out till midnight (erm I don't think so!) thinks ofsted would be interested in how I am restricting her social development....yep and I'm covering the safeguarding aspect instead says me :thumbsup:

Kids, gotta love 'em - coz I can't send them back :laughing:

skatie
27-03-2013, 07:22 AM
So sweet, interesting how much children of that age take in.

lisbet
27-03-2013, 07:31 AM
:laughing: Kiddlywinks - I'm sure I will be hearing similar in the future!

My 12 and 9yr old are mainly interested in the pocket money rise I've given them now I am working! :rolleyes:

RuthJ
27-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Aw, made me smile! Very sweet :)

angeldelight
27-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Great news

Well done to you :clapping:

Angel xx

kellyskidz!
27-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Awe very cute. I too had an 'inspection' from my 4 year old daugher which went something like this..
'They can't touch my toys, well they can exept for my dolls house, furby and pony. You're not looking after boys are you? Well they should stay in the garden. They can have their dinner inside maybe. Where will they go to the toilet, don't let them touch my toothbrush. I think I'll like the babies, you can change their nappies, I'll do the rest when I get home from school. Where will they sleep? In the hallway? There's loads of room on the floor there. Can I take one to school with me? A baby so I can show my friends? Make sure you paint with them, kids love to paint. With glitter paint. Also get some nice food for them like sweets and haribos. Probably cheese too for something different. Will they be nice to me? I think I'll be nice to them...'

lisbet
27-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Aww, Kellyskidz! and lol at the boys staying in the garden - very wise! ;)

smurfette
27-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Awe very cute. I too had an 'inspection' from my 4 year old daugher which went something like this..
'They can't touch my toys, well they can exept for my dolls house, furby and pony. You're not looking after boys are you? Well they should stay in the garden. They can have their dinner inside maybe. Where will they go to the toilet, don't let them touch my toothbrush. I think I'll like the babies, you can change their nappies, I'll do the rest when I get home from school. Where will they sleep? In the hallway? There's loads of room on the floor there. Can I take one to school with me? A baby so I can show my friends? Make sure you paint with them, kids love to paint. With glitter paint. Also get some nice food for them like sweets and haribos. Probably cheese too for something different. Will they be nice to me? I think I'll be nice to them...'

So funny!! And the PPS inspector just gorgeous !!