PDA

View Full Version : Yet another parent didnt turn up grrrr

tigwig
26-03-2013, 09:25 PM
A prospective parent was supposed to look around this afternoon so I made plans for my mum to have my LO for tea as he is a little *** whenever anyone comes lol. Got tea prepared earlier and served it earlier than usual to make sure I was ready then she didnt come! Honestly why are some parents so rude. This has happened to me 3 times in the last year now. Very annoying.:angry: Does this happen to others frequently?

bernesewalking
26-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Unfortunatly it has happened to me a few times, even when I ask them to just email or text if they can't make it they never do.

mummyMia
26-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh no, that is so annoying! I always give them my mobile number and say please text me in the morning if anything comes up and you can't make it. This seems to have worked so far because I have had a couple of parents text to cancel but haven't had a no show yet. :)

lisbet
26-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I've only been registered a couple of months and it's happened to me twice already :rolleyes: and now someone who said they definitely wanted an immediate start hasn't shown up to sign the contract and hasn't returned my phone message...

I'm trying not to take it personally! I guess that:

a) parents don't see us as individuals who have invited them into our homes, but purely as a childminding business and

b) not many of them seem to realise how regulated and professional our work is, so think it's a more like a casual babysitting-type arrangement than the formal one they would have with a nursery

*hugs* though!

CLL
26-03-2013, 10:20 PM
I have had several people not turn up, some texting when they were supposed to arrive to cancel and some needing immediate starts and then not getting back in touch. I don't know why people bother getting in touch at all if they do not want you to provide care.

skatie
26-03-2013, 10:28 PM
So annoying!! I've had one person not turn up at all after I cleaned the house thoroughly, put all my paperwork laid out, set up some age appropriate toys etc..... No show. Messages the ladies mum after waiting an hour and she said 'oh, just called daughter and she had been up all night ill'. Fair enough but she could have texted to say so. Mum said her daughter hadn't sorted out childcare yet and would definitely rearrange.... Nothing! My new motto, take us as you find us cause that's what we look like most of the time.