PDA

View Full Version : working in a pre school and childminding ?

hayley285
26-03-2013, 06:33 PM
evening i wondered if anyone has done or is doing this. I have been offered a job at a pre school mornings only which is fab unfortunately its not very well paid so i am contemplating working mornings at pre school and afternoons childminding plus school drop offs and pick ups. Any advice would be welcomed.

QualityCare
26-03-2013, 07:45 PM
No reason why it shouldn't work there are always parents who want afternoon care only, if you do school drop offs/ pick ups as well you would have to make it clear that you wouldn't be available to mind these children should their school be closed during term time.

rosebud
26-03-2013, 07:46 PM
evening i wondered if anyone has done or is doing this. I have been offered a job at a pre school mornings only which is fab unfortunately its not very well paid so i am contemplating working mornings at pre school and afternoons childminding plus school drop offs and pick ups. Any advice would be welcomed.

I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you can get some that just want afternoons. (I prefer morning so you can have all mine in the afternoon if you like http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif )

clareelizabeth1
26-03-2013, 08:04 PM
You might find you end up taking your pre schoolers home with you. Lol

hayley285
26-03-2013, 08:42 PM
You might find you end up taking your pre schoolers home with you. Lol

thanks ladies that was actually my plan as ive some going full time school Sept so only need of for pick up drop off no holidays and my younger ones are all old enough to attend pre school i would be working at so could then come home with me afterwards as the parents Dont want to loose me and quite like the idea of them getting both setting and home care experience but Im trying to make the next step into a setting as my children are getting older so it would be a win win situation if i can manage it just wasnt sure if it would be allowed as a few people have told me that i shouldnt really be in a pre school with children i childmind as it would be a conflict of interest .

Maza
26-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I know a couple of people who do it. They work in schools and then do after schoolies from the same school. x

Kerry84
26-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I was also wondering if this was possible too :)

Tealady
27-03-2013, 01:21 PM
thanks ladies that was actually my plan as ive some going full time school Sept so only need of for pick up drop off no holidays and my younger ones are all old enough to attend pre school i would be working at so could then come home with me afterwards as the parents Dont want to loose me and quite like the idea of them getting both setting and home care experience but Im trying to make the next step into a setting as my children are getting older so it would be a win win situation if i can manage it just wasnt sure if it would be allowed as a few people have told me that i shouldnt really be in a pre school with children i childmind as it would be a conflict of interest .

At least you can say you work closely with Pre-school and have very good links :laughing: However it might be better for them not to have you as their key worker

sskent08
27-03-2013, 01:48 PM
my sons pre-school said they had to sign something to say that they cannot look after the children at pre-school ( babysit etc), i know when my older two went to nursery it was the same

conflict of interest or something?

Happystay
27-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Well I do both jobs and have done for three years.I find it works really well both Ofsted and Noel Quinn know I do this and have know problem with it.Its great for problem solving and just throwing planning ideas around,also school were Pre school is situated advertise me as rap round care.We all work closely together.

kims kingdom
27-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi I actually do it at the min only preschool as bank staff which is great as I had been doing three mornings now I prob do one or two a week its great I get some great tips and get advice that I may not of known but then again I still do my waitressing job still so got three jobs well and being a mum which isnt a job but feels like it sometimes.
So yes do it we all do this job because of the children but its about the money aswell you need to work out the money from both jobs if its less than the tax fresh hold then go fo it