PDA

View Full Version : child vomited what to do?

sharonmanc
26-03-2013, 12:27 PM
ok little background info, little one 9months, has had problems goign toilet, he only attends tue to fri, he was back to normal fri as i had given him lots of water, but mum text last night said she was taking him docs as he was not going again. anyway he was at docs this morning, just arrived at 12, mum left said he had a syrup from doc to help, and left.
sat little one on my knee and he projecttile vomited everywhere, all over carpet in front room, have cleaned it just now and popped a table over the area to stop little ones going in that space.

I phoned mum straight up and said she would have to collect until, and explained she would have to see if the medicine he has been given agrees with him.

I know little one was unwell sunday ( may have seen my previous post asking what my daughter should charge) as my daughter baby sat for him, and he was full of a cold, very unsettled, temp etc.

Not sure what to do, exclude or allow back tomorrow, my policy is exclude for 48 hours for D&V, but not sure if to apply this here.

any help appreciated

christine e
26-03-2013, 12:30 PM
I would be inclined to see if they are sick again - little ones especially under 1's are sick from time to time

sharonmanc
26-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Well have sent little one home and told mum to keep an eye on him tonight and he can come back in morning if he is ok.

He is not a sickly baby, it was just the ferocity of it, which he has never done before that worried me

christine e
26-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Well have sent little one home and told mum to keep an eye on him tonight and he can come back in morning if he is ok.

He is not a sickly baby, it was just the ferocity of it, which he has never done before that worried me

Think you have to go with what you think is right - very difficult for someone on the outside to advise when we don't know child and when we are not there
gut feelings are usually right:thumbsup:

KatieFS
26-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Bugs like this can be very contagious. You must give it at least 24 hours or chances are you and others at your house will get it. Now that would be a rubbish Easter!