PDA

View Full Version : After school fees

halor
26-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Hi All,

I'm taking on a Lo for after school care 3 afternoons a week. The little girl attends the same school as my son so it's not out of the way which is ideal.

I have agreed to my usual hourly charge. One thing I'm not sure on is a holding fee. Mum has asked whether I require one and it's flummoxed me slightly. This is obviously only in term time (although she may ask for help n the holidays if I've got space for the full day) and I wasn't going to take any sort of deposit or charge for during the holidays whilst lo's not with me.

Should I take some sort of deposit?

Tazmin68
26-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Hi

I always ask for a 2 week deposit what ever the type of contract. I have term time only after school contracts I always state to parents that as no fee is paid during holidays I cannot guarantee a place in holidays and it is a first come first served with regards to school holidays this is because I h have other children who attend holidays only.

halor
26-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Do you charge a retainer fee to keep the place open for after the holidays?

Hi

I always ask for a 2 week deposit what ever the type of contract. I have term time only after school contracts I always state to parents that as no fee is paid during holidays I cannot guarantee a place in holidays and it is a first come first served with regards to school holidays this is because I h have other children who attend holidays only.

Tazmin68
26-03-2013, 01:28 PM
The deposit covers the first to weeks of childcare. I o write into contract that 4 weeks notice to end contract and this does not include the svhool holidays. Ie if a parent decided to end contract and did not tell me until school broke up in July then there would still be 4 weeks due as notice would not apply until the September.