PDA

View Full Version : Tell us what you want on Website!

SammySplodger
26-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Sarah and I are putting the new Independent Childminders website together.

Please post up your ideas here - either all in one thread or separately, so we can incorporate them.

Thanks folks! :-)

dette
26-03-2013, 10:12 AM
hi x
1.. any changes to the law ,the kind of stuff our DO would hopefully inform us of but who knows what will happen soon !!!
2..perhaps a local area page with any training that we hear about,eg spaces on first aid training
3..average hourly rates per area(i know this is available now via council sites but for how long !!)

loocyloo
26-03-2013, 12:56 PM
i know this strays into childcare.co.uk territory, but how about a list/database of independant childminders county by county.

The Juggler
26-03-2013, 02:04 PM
links to the e-mail addresses and Govt websites where you can read information/responses would be good.

a section to read what other CM's have been informed by the Local Authorities might be useful so we can challenge our own LA Early Years Staff

information about what agencies are trying to set up in different areas, what they are charging/offering (as the info comes in)

..... back with more ideas later

wendywu
26-03-2013, 02:30 PM
A time line of what exactly is happening, we all seem to be in limbo at the moment.

My LA have just asked us what training we want over the next two years, they dont seem to see any changes at all happening, its really strange :panic:

SammySplodger
26-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Keep it coming - some things here not already on our list! :-)

phoenix2010
26-03-2013, 04:02 PM
OFSTED alerts
Changes in policies and procedures
How to access training
USPs.......how to stand out from the agency minders
Information about offering funded places, 2,3 and 4 yr olds
Childcare vouchers/childcare tax credits/childcare tax relief ......if this is going to be different for independent minders
Preparing for your inspection ......assuming we wont have DWs
Advertising ..........a database of independent minders parents can access

Simona
26-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Wendywu...it maybe your LA has read the explanatory guidance about the DfE consultation on 'proposed changes to the role of the LA'...hint hint!!!
It would be wise for all LAs to take a look and act as this is a consultation where they can prove their worth!

SYLVIA
26-03-2013, 04:12 PM
At a recent meeting we were told that funding had not been pulled from our LA but who knows what will happen. Things seem to change very quickly. I don't really contact mine other than to place a vacancy so this website will probably be more useful to me anyway. Thanks guys

Simona
26-03-2013, 06:41 PM
We must not underestimate the value of LAs...I know they offer different services at present...that is the point to drive home when you respond to the consultation...it must be standardised
If we lose our LAs the future is bleak...well there are alternatives but not many cms will think of them at present

Get evryone to respond to the consultation...!