PDA

View Full Version : Home Fire Safety Visit

Mrs M
01-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, our theme this week is Emergency Services so we've obviously been concentrating on visiting the local fire station (which is a part time station that is hardly ever open) and the local police station (same as the fire station)!!! However, my parents, who just live around the corner, had the fire safety people visit them today so my parents then sent them round to me. I've been trying to get them to come round for ages but apparently I'd been put through to the wrong dept etc etc. Anyway, the boys were asleep but that was ok as I was able to concentrate on what I was being told. The officers were absolutely brilliant and loved their jobs so they were very passionate and full of great advice. I would advise anyone who hasn't had a visit to arrange one straight away. They did like my evacuation plan but they also gave me posters for the children, books for the children and provided me with two great smoke detectors that don't actually take batteries.
Anyone who lives close to Middlewich and wants the contact details of these two officers, please pm me.

angeldelight
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for that Emma

Angel xx

miffy
01-07-2008, 10:42 PM
That's great Emma.

There's a template for an ambulance on silkysteps if you are including that in your theme

miffy xx

sarah707
02-07-2008, 07:26 AM
I had a visit from our local guys recently but they didn't leave me goodies ...

Lucky you! :D

ruby
02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
i had a visit about 6 weeks ago they put in extra fire alarms i already had two but now have 4
hoped they would still be here when the children came home from school but they went just before

cathy

Eagles4ever
02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, I'll have to do that.... real firemen coming to my house :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Were they in uniform???

LOOPYLISA
02-07-2008, 07:23 PM
uniform yes please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping:

Mrs M
03-07-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes they were in uniform. One was a lady though!

Monkey1
03-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Yes i had them come out to me earlier this year, they were fab! Also one of my mindees dad is a fireman so he arranged for me to take them all in and have a guided tour! He even arranged a special trip for my son when he was interseted in joining the fire brigade and used to bring him souveniers like chunks of melted metal!

Tasha M
20-08-2008, 08:15 PM
i had them come round a few weeks ago. 3 strapping firemen all uniformed up, in the fire engine, which the two boys loved and they let them have a sit in it too....it was great....they didn't really check much out though, had a look at the fire alarm, i told them about the fire blanket and extinguisher (sp) in the kitchen and one upstairs...all they said was god you don't want a fire eh! And that was it.

netty
20-08-2008, 09:41 PM
I had them come round a few moths ago but they arrived just as I was going on the school run so left husband in with them. Good advice given and they left a few colouring books poster ect about fire saftey for the children.

Netty xxx

angeldelight
08-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks for that information Tim very useful to know

Angel xx