PDA

View Full Version : Toilet training

lynnslittleuns
26-03-2013, 07:11 AM
I have a lovely, very forward, 2 year old mindee, who I am trying to help to toilet train with the complete backing of parents.
At home, as at my setting she asks to use the toilet and either mum or myself will sit her on the toilet (she doesn't like the potty) with or without her nappy, just to get her used to the toilet but when her nappy is removed she sits on for a few seconds then gets a bit distressed and asks to be taken off.
Mum is going to persevere over the bank holiday weekend but just wondered if you have any tips we could try.
Thankyou.
Lynn x

Nicola Carlyle
26-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Maybe try,
- reading some books,
- singing some songs
- playing eye spy
- talk about what you've done that day or what you are going to do etc.

I have found all of above have worked at some point as I feel some tiddlies get a bit nervous or inpatient when they sit there for a few seconds and nothing happens. It just helps take their mind off the task at hand enough to allow them to relax enough for it just to happen.

lynnslittleuns
26-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Thank you

Gives me some ideas.

Lynn x

sarah707
26-03-2013, 06:33 PM
If lo is crying on the toilet then I would suggest they are not ready for it yet and should not be rushed ... It doesn't matter how clever a child is or how good their vocab is - if their neurones are not ready then they are not ready.

Hth xx

lynnslittleuns
26-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks Sarah x