PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to do

jaz
01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I look after a little boy, term time only, who is starting school in January. At the moment I have him 4 afternoons a week. In September he can go to rising 5's in the afternoon. The mum has said its my choice if he goes all day to pre school, or he can do the morning with me, I will then take him to preschool and collect him about 2 hours later.

The problem is this
1) do I want to lose a child all day and only have him for an hour that day after pre school

2) do I want to be driving up and down to preschool which would affect the other children in my care

3) do I say I cant have him at all that day, as i cant have a him using up a valuable under 5 space for such little time

Hope that made some sense

J
x

ps she is not one of these mums who will pay you for keeping the space open

Trouble
01-07-2008, 05:29 PM
i think youve answered that one yourself,

try it until a full time comes alone or ask her to pay

miffy
01-07-2008, 05:35 PM
How easily would you be able to fill his space if you said no?

That might make up your mind for you

miffy xx

foxy lady
01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
How easily would you be able to fill his space if you said no?

That might make up your mind for you

miffy xx

if you can fill the space i think it would be better not to have him but if you think it will take time to fill the space can you survive without the money?

Heaven Scent
01-07-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd be open with her and say its normal with under 5's who attend preschool for the childminder to be paid while the child is at preschool as it is not possible to fill that space - and if she is not receptive to the idea as you suspect then say you are only prepared for him to attend in the morning or afternoon which ever suits your routine best and only until you sign up another full paying child as you need to guarantee your income as your earning power is limited by the number of children you can have and by all your expenses and outgoings plus you will have to charge for your drop offs and pick ups as you are restricted by what you can do with the other children on that day say it in a chatty e-mail and then you have put it in writing and she cannot twist your words.

stalbansminder
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi

This is my first post on this forum.
I just had to register and reply to this message. I had a kid last year who was similar to this. He cried for half the day and made me and the other kids stressed out and unhappy. I FINALLY gave notice after 6 months and it was the best thing I ever did. No money is worth that stress.

angeldelight
02-07-2008, 06:51 AM
What did you decide to do in the end?

Angel xx

jaz
02-07-2008, 07:23 AM
Still havent decided!

I will try to think it through later, when i get a spare 5 minutes to myself :D