PDA

View Full Version : library card for childminders

Kevin1964
25-03-2013, 03:33 PM
I popped in to our local library and took my CRT in and it was so easy I know got a childminding library card :)

clareelizabeth1
25-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Didn't even know they exist. As I don't have my own and use my oh's which was originally his ds I'm probably not a good person to ask about cards.

Kevin1964
25-03-2013, 04:08 PM
Didn't even know they exist. As I don't have my own and use my oh's which was originally his ds I'm probably not a good person to ask about cards.

Yes they do all you do is go to your local library take your CRT and sign I can take out 25 books for tree monhs I do not get any fees if they over dawn :clapping:

lynncjt
25-03-2013, 04:22 PM
My library is great! Upto 30 items, including DVDs at no charge and also no late fees(I try not to abuse it).

I found out as well that Aberdeenshire library service so story sacks as well - can't be ordered on line but librarian can order and I can keep for 3 months without renewing! Also have some toys for hire as well (these don't count in our 30 items so even better!).

mum24
25-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Hmmm not quite that good here, do not get late fees, but not allowed to take out dvd's, I have to use my own private card for that. But it is still great not to have to worry about the odd book that gets taken home and forgotten about, until the reminder comes, then I can ask mum for it back and not worry about a huge fine.

Tinkerbell1979
25-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Ours won't even issue them here anymore :-(

hectors house
25-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I find it annoying though that I can't take out any adult non fiction books on my card - eg child development, I have to use my own library card for this. Don't think we are allowed to borrow DVD's on it and I would like to borrow more music CD's eg: music from different countries but think I would have to pay for this too.