PDA

View Full Version : Possibly moving house...

JulieA
25-03-2013, 12:48 PM
We are thinking of moving house, and despite it being about 5 minutes away by car it will mean I move to a different LA.

Can anyone tell me what the implications are of this? For example, I know I need to advise Ofsted of my move, will this mean I have to have a pre-reg to ascertain suitability of the new house? Will I need to undertake the registration process again, for my new LA?

I am not sure what the demand is for cm in the new village, but apparantly there is only one other there.

Any advice greatfully received.

jashol
25-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi I have moved all I had to do was RA my new home and I form ofsted and my insurance and the council with my new details so parents know where I am , my contract still stand I just changed the address on these and copied them for parents too x good look

mummyMia
25-03-2013, 02:57 PM
I recently moved to a new LA. All I did was phone Ofsted with my new address. They then informed both my old LA and the new one. The new LA sent out a welcome pack and some forms for me to fill in so that I could go on their vacancy list. That was all I had to do. No new courses or anything like that. Although they have said that I should renew my safeguarding course when I get a chance as the procedures might be a bit different. :)

JulieA
25-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Thank you. I heard horror stories about having to completely re register, attending the childminding course, etc.

Will keep you posted!

loocyloo
25-03-2013, 09:20 PM
I think you only have to re register if you move to wales or scotland.

I moved 260miles & just told ofsted I moved. They told my new LA. I did have to go through the process of joining the network (well the equivalent) again though.