PDA

View Full Version : I am so naive

sprinkles
25-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Unfortunately I tend to only see the best in people and believe everything they say as I don't like to think people can lie etc.

I've been busting a gut getting everything sorted and chasing my inspector to finalise my registration as I had someone lined up wanting to start mid April. She's now gone and enquired with another local childminder and hasn't even had the decency to tell me. I know I'm not registered yet but should be by end of next week (inspector just needs to write up report and send me out my conditions).

That's me not got anyone lined up til July now, so I might as well stop chasing my inspector.

Please tell me all parents are not like this?

rickysmiths
25-03-2013, 10:15 AM
To be fair to the parent maybe they needed to sort out childcare to feel secure about going to work. To be honest I wouldn't even go and see a pre reg cm never mind commit to using them. I would only go and visit a fully registered childminder who could sign a contract if I wanted to use them.

BuggsieMoo
25-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Has she signed with the other cm as you stated she had enquired? Maybe she is getting another cm inline incase you didnt get registered in time

sprinkles
25-03-2013, 10:37 AM
She knew my position and said that was fine. We've spoken loads about it and we were keeping each other up to date, as she didn't know hours yet either.

I have no idea if she's signed, I just know she has enquired. I've never heard anything from her since she told me she had a meeting with work to finalise hours.

Mouse
25-03-2013, 10:48 AM
She knew my position and said that was fine. We've spoken loads about it and we were keeping each other up to date, as she didn't know hours yet either.

I have no idea if she's signed, I just know she has enquired. I've never heard anything from her since she told me she had a meeting with work to finalise hours.

Unfortunately parents do change their mind and you learn never to count on them coming to you until contract is signed, deposit is paid & the child turns up on your doorstep on the first day of care.

You can't always blame the parent. Perhaps they have a good reason for looking elsewhere - someone else is closer to home, is already registered, is cheaper, is known to a friend. There could be any number of reasons, although it is always nicer if they actually tell you this & don't just leave you wondering.

If you haven't been in touch with the mum since she had her meeting at work, why not give her a ring, let her know you're registration will be through very soon & see if you can sort something out :thumbsup: