PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained Rash

Daisy De
25-03-2013, 08:20 AM
Just after some opinions.

Mindee turned up this morning with a rash over face and upper torso.
No temperature, no sickness apart from a slight cold, playing as normal.
Parents are lovely so I don't think there is anything I'm not being told.

What does everyone do regarding unexplained rashes?

smurfette
25-03-2013, 08:30 AM
I usually just wait and see, found with my own kids I often took them to doctor only to be told it was a viral rash and as little one has cold seems likely,,, keep an eye in case a temp develops or other symptoms xx

Helen Dempster
25-03-2013, 09:34 AM
has he been poorly at all, prior to the rash? My own son is prone to viral rashes. However, he recently came out in a horrendous rash all over him, which I thought to be a viral rash. It turned out it was an allergic reaction to antibiotics the dr gave him.

If he's not poorly in himself, no temp or discomfort, then I wouldn't worry about it to much. Just keep an eye on him in case symptoms appear.

AgentTink
25-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Just becareful as Scarlett fever is doing the rounds, my own little girl had it a few weeks ago. Just keep a eye of temperture and the rash covering more of his body. If this happens I would call parents straight away. If nothing happens today I would say at pick up that if rash still there in morning then I would need them to take little one to gp before he could back to get it checked.