PDA

View Full Version : unexpected but totally needed!

Memina
25-03-2013, 12:15 AM
So I have an unexpected whole day off tomorrow yay!!!! Have 1 little girl who I drop off at school and then collect with my son in the afternoon but once Ds is at school and dd at preschool I can sit my preggers butt on my sofa and do nothing all morning pop out to collect my dd and then until 3pm.

Is it bad to feel so excited? Only have the day off cos my lo is sick.

TraceyC
25-03-2013, 05:42 AM
That happened to me last week two days in a row and apart from school drop off and pick up, I just had to look after my 2 year old. I was quite excited too as it stretched into two days with another child poorly too. It kind of backfired on me though as my just turned 2 year old normally very easy going and placid (apart from the odd tantrum) missed her little friends and is used to me givning my full attention and doing lots of child led activities. When I put the tv on, put out some toys and snuck into the office, to get through tonnes of level 3 CYPW coursework that I struggling to keep up with, she didn't like that at all. She became very demanding and I almost (but not quite) wished I had minded children too!

If you are on your own though - heaven. Make sure you enjoy it x

clareelizabeth1
25-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Enjoy it and don't feel bad about being excited we all get excited when it happens

mrs robbie williams
25-03-2013, 07:27 AM
oooooh you lucky thing - i would love a day off esp as feeling rough with cold and sore throat - i would spend it catching up on paperwork as didnt do any this weekend but will have to cram it in thurs morning when i get three hours off - enjoy :thumbsup:

Nicola Carlyle
25-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Woop woop!!

jelly15
25-03-2013, 07:49 AM
Enjoy your day :clapping:

BuggsieMoo
25-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Ive got today off (until 3 pm when I have to pick my after schoolie up) as I have Dr's - however Dr's have changed appointment for late this evening but too late for parents. So what exciting things shall I be doing.....housework!!

xx

blue bear
25-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Bonus :thumbsup:

Memina
25-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh yes thos definatly the life!!!!

Its decided I must sort out my week so that I get a morning or day off a week from September! I feel so refreshed and hubby has just popped out to collect dd.

Oh dear they are back! Lol

RuthJ
25-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Enjoy it! :)