PDA

View Full Version : Photographs of the children together..

KatieFS
24-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Help pls guys!

I'm updating my policy/permission to include use of images of the children on activities together. These will be included in scrap books which each of the older children in my care have age 5-10 yrs. they will remain with me but am thinking they could be sent home now and again for kids to add to during hols and to show parents.
How can I word the policy..... And is it ok data protection and safe guarding wise.? I'm getting myself confused a bit, I keep thinking maybe each child should only have pics of themselves. This would be a bit of a shame.. They like to have pics with/of each other. It's also quite hard to get a pic of just one without soneone else being in it too!

I was also thinking if building a folder of the children doing stuff, this will be kept at my home for children to use and enjoy, but might show to prospective parents. Again is this ok?!???? What permission would I need?? How to word it......??

clareelizabeth1
25-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Looking forward to hearing answers I worry about this too

mrs robbie williams
25-03-2013, 07:29 AM
i just did a permission form for photographs with other children and parents all signed. Things i worry about are mindees in other peoples photos like at play areas and play group but guess that cant be helped

jelly15
25-03-2013, 07:45 AM
I do a photo permission formcovering lots of situations. Playgroups are a problem though. A picture of a LO appeared on facebook, a granny had taken a picture of her GD playing with LO and posted it. I was close to LO reading to another of my mindees but I was not quite in the photo. Parents were very cross but as lots of parents text etc during playgroup so wouldn't have assumed she was taking a photo even if I had noticed. Parents thought I was neglecting LO by letting her be phtographed by someone else :(

angeldelight
25-03-2013, 08:13 AM
i just did a permission form for photographs with other children and parents all signed. Things i worry about are mindees in other peoples photos like at play areas and play group but guess that cant be helped

Same here

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I have this as part of my consent form:

to take photographs which can be stored on computer and be used by themselves, the media or in publications now or in the future. My child may also appear in photographs with other children in your care and these can be distributed to the parents of these children

KatieFS
25-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Excellent chatterbox! Ill update my forms to reflect that. Do you include anything about social media sites!? I know my daughters pre school specific that whenever photos or videos are mentioned...

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't put any photo's on media sites but after my last course on safeguarding I am considering rewording my policy so that parents cannot use the photo's that I give them if others are in it.

blue bear
25-03-2013, 07:15 PM
We were told it is illegal to post pictures on the Internet of other peoples children without their consent. I make it clear to parents they cannot put any communal photos on the Internet as they do t have permission to do so, worked well so far.