PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

Binxi
01-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Hiya!
I'm in the process of registering at the moment, but I'd like some advice!

I currently have 1 child of 11 months (so will be 1 by the time the registration goes through) and I have just found out I'm pregnant with my second, so after Feb/March I'll be taking some time off.

I'd like to know if you would recommend carrying on with the registration on not!

1. I'd only be able to take on children tempary until after my maternity. Unless parent's realise and are happy with the fact I'll be taking time off.

2. After maternity, I'll only be able to take 1 more under 5. I know I can take an over 5 but they'll be at school most of the day so I'll only do pick ups and drop offs.

Can anyone advise me as I have no idea if it's worth all the costs etc.

Thank you!

Pedagog
01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I would, after all you have started the process now.

miss muffit
01-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I would register as you have started and once you are, you can choose when you want to start :D

Binxi
01-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I suppose Schools finish earlier than most work places, so I'll just have fewer during the day that aren't mine!

It might work out quite nice thinking about it!

I've got Ofstead coming around on Thursday morning! I have to tidy things away!!!! Eek!

littlesprogs
01-07-2008, 12:53 PM
i started registering in september and found out i was pregnant in october. I carried on my registration and registered at the end of January and just didnt work until i wanted too. Its easier to carry on with registration now than cancel it and try it again later crbs can take months to come through anyway. Plus it'll give you more time to get set up if you decide not to work till after you've had your baby

Ripeberry
01-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I thought we had to start minding within 6 months of receiving our certificate.
Great if you can start when you want as it may take me some time to get work in, as i've not got anyone lined up, but then i've not really told anyone as i want to get my registration cert first and then i'll feel more confident in carrying on.
Got the exam in 2 weeks, i've got a nasty cold on top of hayfever and to top it all my two girls 6 and 3 now have chickenpox! so i'm stuck at home for the next week...feeling sorry for myself :( :(

Blackhorse
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
I would say get registered. Then it is entirely up to you when you want to take on kids and you don't have to do the registration work once your second baby has arrived...

congratulations on your pregnancy. Hope all is well with you and the bump:clapping: !!

butterfly
02-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Hiya!

2. After maternity, I'll only be able to take 1 more under 5. I know I can take an over 5 but they'll be at school most of the day so I'll only do pick ups and drop offs.

Can anyone advise me as I have no idea if it's worth all the costs etc.

Thank you!

i would continue i can only have 1 under 5 but that makes me the same money as if i continued teaching and had to put my own in childcare!

katickles
02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Yeah I'd definatly say carry one with the registration.

At least you will have the registration through like Nicole Digruber says - & you won't be trying to do it once baby has arrived.

Good luck! :)

karenjoy
02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Yep I would continue and congratulations!!!