PDA

View Full Version : child care record

SDC34cr
24-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Do you keep record of when children sleep, are checked, when they bottle feed or when you change nappy. I do record sleep times, food and times changed on daily diaries but parents have these so i havent got a record of them. Do i need to keep a separete record for myself and do i need to wrrite down when sleeping children are checked

karensmart4
24-03-2013, 10:59 PM
I don't for sleeping, I write what time lil one went to sleep and what time they woke up in their daily diary, but I do have a chart on the wall above my baby changing unit for writing date, name, time, wet, soiled as well as writing in their daily diary, I like to keep a record in case of queries and because their are 3 of us working along with 9 children a day (we sign the nappy changing sheet as well).

KatieFS
24-03-2013, 11:25 PM
I keep a daily diary for little ones, I did start to record when they slept bit found it hard to keep track, so now just write how much they slept eg an hour, hour half etc. I also record dirty nappies what they've eaten and generally what we've done in the day. If they are on milk feeds I adv how much they've drunk. X x

jackie 7
24-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I do daily diaries. Food sleep times etc. I don't keep a separate record. I have enough to write any way.

clareelizabeth1
25-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Depends on age of the child I find parents want it all very detailed for young children but as they get older and parents have confidence I would tell them if anything was odd it gets less detailed.

I don't write down when I check sleeping children. Most of the time I am doing paperwork in the same room. OFSTED inspector said I didn't need to write it as long as I did it.

mrs robbie williams
25-03-2013, 07:23 AM
i just put it in their daily diaries :thumbsup: