PDA

View Full Version : payment record

SDC34cr
24-03-2013, 09:37 PM
I offer flexible care and have children arriving at different times of the day and sometimes find it difficult to record what is being paid at the time of payment. I do have a sheet for each child and record it down but hardly ever get parents to sign it as it takes too long to find when im busy. Do you think it would be ok to have one sheet for everyone so when someone pays i can write down what they pay and get them to sign it. this would mean that everyone would see what others have paid, would this be ok or would it be disclosing confidential information. I can then record it on individual sheets when i get time.

littlecheeks
24-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I offer flexible care and have children arriving at different times of the day and sometimes find it difficult to record what is being paid at the time of payment. I do have a sheet for each child and record it down but hardly ever get parents to sign it as it takes too long to find when im busy. Do you think it would be ok to have one sheet for everyone so when someone pays i can write down what they pay and get them to sign it. this would mean that everyone would see what others have paid, would this be ok or would it be disclosing confidential information. I can then record it on individual sheets when i get time.

personally i wouldnt do this, i dont think it would be fair for other parents to see who has/hasnt paid or how much they pay.
all my parents get invoices each month (that i photocopy to keep for my own records) and then write them out a receipt once its paid. do you need to keep a sigend sheet? is it to showed they have paid? maybe you could mind an easier way of doing it
x

JoRo163
24-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I just do invoices and receipts too. I wouldn't do one sheet for all. If you want parents to sign, perhaps ask them to sign the receipt and then you keep the carbon copy for your records?

phoenix2010
24-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I send all the parents an invoice attached to an email once a month

they pay me straight into my bank and when the have paid I write it on my income form on my computer

I dont send receipts , as their proof of payment is their bank statement , unless they specifically need one for tax credits or uni childcare payments

I dont get them to sign anything , to me it is unnecessary paperwork

karensmart4
24-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I do invoices for the monthly payers.. a couple of parents pay weekly or fortnightly I jot their payments down on their children's page in the register that is always kept on the side, the money is put in the cash box and a receipt is written and given there and then if the parent has time or it's put into their daily diary for them to find once the look in it!

SDC34cr
24-03-2013, 10:12 PM

i have people pay me in different ways some are funded some pay by vouchers, some pay through the bank and others pay cash. some pay on the day or at beginning or end of week, i just wanted something quick to record that they have paid when they pay cash as i sometimes dont get time to write a receipt and get them to sign. some only pay for lunch as they are funded so their amounts would only be £1 or £1.50 and it seems pointless writing receipts for this amount.

SDC34cr
24-03-2013, 10:14 PM
i have people pay me in different ways some are funded some pay by vouchers, some pay through the bank and others pay cash. some pay on the day or at beginning or end of week, i just wanted something quick to record that they have paid when they pay cash as i sometimes dont get time to write a receipt and get them to sign. some only pay for lunch as they are funded so their amounts would only be £1 or £1.50 and it seems pointless writing receipts for this amount.

i have in the past had a parent say they have paid when they havent so wanted to get something signed when they pay so i dont have this again

jelly15
25-03-2013, 08:08 AM
I get the parents to sign their page on the NCMA (sorry PACEY) accounts book and if they want more then I will sign their invoice paid. I have copies of their invoices in a file and I sign them paid and move them to the paid section of the file.