PDA

View Full Version : sharing info with a preschool ?

mushpea
23-03-2013, 03:12 PM
a little one ofmine starts preschool in April but I dont really know what I am supposed to share as never had this before, they have had the learning journey to look through and seen a copy of his 2yrold report but what on going info is there? I have seen the letter in the free downloads section and will be doing somthing simmilar but how often do I info share and exactly what do I share? also how do I encourage them to share, I wont be taking him or collecting him and the preschool is over 10miles from me so I wont be visiting either as no car so its going to be done either through post or through mum.

cathtee
23-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Tricky one this! can't always get parents to share what goes on at home let alone at preschool. Not really sure what to suggest other than
ask mom to fill you in and let you know if they give her any termly planning.

Rick
23-03-2013, 03:23 PM
With the LO I pick up and DO once a week I have started a contact book. I came up with a simple sheet for each time it is filled in. The first sheet was filled out by me and after some reluctance the second was filled out by the teacher. Unfortunately she indicated that she didn't really have time to do it as she has 20 or so learning books of her own to do (I kind of understand!). She said I could look at his book whenever I liked and take notes and look on the displays. I will push to get her to fill in a sheet every term at the very least but I cannot force her.

For the other child who is at pre school a few miles away and I don't collect or DO, I have asked mum to do the transporting of the book. It took 2 months for them to have a meeting with me (wouldn't share until we had the meeting), and now am still waiting for them to fill it out. They are good at responding to emails but not actually doing anything about it. I can only keep trying as I do not have the time to keep going over to her pre school to ask once again to get it sorted.

I have attached the sheet if it is of any use to you :thumbsup: