PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a Tablet?

SammySplodger
23-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Just wondered if anyone here uses a Tablet or ipad, specifically for their CM work?

I'm currently using my laptop and Iphone - which don't really 'talk' to each other. Printing photos from iPhone is not all that straight forward (I like to use a Pogo printer) and I have to be careful of data protection issues, as laptop is used by the whole household. It's a bit of a faff at present and I need to simplify things!

I'm thinking of getting a tablet, just for work really, which I can keep locked in my firebox with all the other confidential stuff (cos it will fit!).

Help & advice please?!

shortstuff
23-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I use an Ipad for babys days but that is all. We have the keyboard but I find that I cant get on with it for anything really. My opinion would be set up different profiles on your current one and make yours passworded or maybe get a laptop purely for your own use.

blue bear
23-03-2013, 02:11 PM
I have an iPad but don't do my paper work on it too much of a faff, there was another thread
I,e this a few days ago with other advice, ha e a search through the forum.

sarah707
23-03-2013, 05:13 PM
I have a tablet - I got it with my Tesco vouchers - but I couldn't use it for work.

It's fine for FB, forum, playing games etc but not really for typing and doing paperwork.

:D

Rick
23-03-2013, 05:15 PM
I use my iPad to do my obs/assessments using the Orbit early Years app! Saves so much time :laughing:

Dragonfly
23-03-2013, 06:06 PM
No, only the paracetamol type wouldn't know what to do with an electronic :blush: tablet

angeldelight
23-03-2013, 06:12 PM
I love my gadgets

I have a tablet and the iPad

Never use them for work though ...only the forum ,fb and looking for resources

We play educational games on them and the little ones love the ladybird books etc

I prefer to do my work on laptop or computer

Angel xx

mushpea
23-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I just bought mine and it came today and I love it already. I will be using dro bx on it as I've found it will work with this tablet.
Angel how do I find the ladybird books on it?

caz3007
23-03-2013, 08:03 PM
My son bought one (only a cheapie) with his birthday/xmas money and got it today. I want one now for my birthday

SammySplodger
23-03-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm only really planning on using it for photos, videos and some online stuff. I can't be doing with the current faff of transferring from iPhone to laptop, just so that I can print on Pogo and then on to a drive (for Data Protection).

I've decided to get an Acer tablet with Bluetooth, so it should work with the Pogo OK. And then I'll keep it in my firebox with the other confidential stuff.

Good to know that EYFS software works ok with them too. Looking into that over Easter :-)

My big documents will all stay on my laptop, as said below, I can't imagine it comfortable for typing.

Ta everso :-)

SammySplodger
23-03-2013, 09:58 PM
No, only the paracetamol type wouldn't know what to do with an electronic :blush: tablet

Har Har! those are also an essential bit of kit! :-)

mr man
23-03-2013, 10:15 PM
I use iPhone and iPad, they are synced together. Any photos take on phone while out is sent automatically to pad when I'm home via wifi. Then I send pics onto parents. I use the 2 simple app for all of my EYFS obs, email reports straight to parets every 2-3 months. Done. Print off via wifi printer for file.
Bobs ya uncle. Done.

Recommend so much .

littlemiss60561
23-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Hi.
I currently use my laptop (shared so have it password protected.i have a childrens account on it too. I love the iPad and use it for fb , here and email. I've recently downloaded pages which is supposed to be the same as word. This had been my only downside to having the iPad for work. If it works well then ill transfer to this as its so much aster. Ive heard Samsung tablets are cheaper and better.

Little Puddings
25-03-2013, 09:36 PM
I use laptop for printing and all the Microsoft Office applications but my tablet for everything else. I got an Asus Transformer some 18mths ago but tjat got too slow for me and my kids always use to go on it. I have now got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that is password protected much to my daughters disgust as they like using the S Note :) I've only just started to use Orbit and tablet ia great for that. I also use mine for my Masters as I read alot of journals and they all come as pdf (I've finally mastered the art of screen reading, my husband hates it when I print my journals but screen reading on a laptop is hard work).
I love my Note but I must admit I use my phone just as much as I find my Galaxy S3 much faster than my laptop.

The Note (and mu phone) come with am encryption tool so you can encrypt your device making it safe to store information on it.