PDA

View Full Version : No enquiries for months and now two families might need me in September!

Ripeberry
23-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Only have one mindee (2 yrs) for 13hrs a week. From September I'll be having his baby brother and his older brother (5 Yr old) as mum will be going back to work for 2 days (she hopes). Now have an enquiry to look after a (1 yr old) and a(3 yr old) from September. It would mean 5 children under the age of 8yrs old.
So that will be 4 under 5yrs old and one is a baby (sibling of existing mindee). Do I need to contact Ofsted for permission? Or just prove that I can look after them all. It would only be in the afternoons when I would have all of them and it may only be on one day.
The existing 2yr old and the new 3 yr old will be at pre-school in the mornings and the 5 yr old would only be for two hours at most.
Never had to think about this before. And they will ALL be boys!

Rubybubbles
23-03-2013, 01:09 PM
You now do your own variation form. Sarah has made a brilliant one uploaded in downloads.

You will be allowed to have a sibling for reason for variation

In fact thinking about it!!! is the 5 year old at school? if so then you don't need one (as long as you don't have your own children under 5/school age)

Rubybubbles
23-03-2013, 01:10 PM
if I'm right you will have

2yr old, new 3 year old and baby = 3

5yr old at school?

therefore no variation needed x

SammySplodger
23-03-2013, 01:24 PM
I have looked after same age & gender combo before, but also siblings! It was fairly full on...

I'm sure you will be fine :-)

Ripeberry
23-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Existing mindee (2 yr old)
Baby sibling 9 months
New boy (1yr old)
New boy ( 3 yr old)
Previous mindee (5 yr old) Full time school.

Both of my own girls are over 8 yrs old.

So I suppose that means I need the variation form. The original family only need 2 days and the new family 4 days. So I might be able to have them on seperate days as the new family are freelance and very flexible.
Fingers crossed :-)