PDA

View Full Version : schemas

squeely wheely
23-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Helloo!!

My son has two schemas, rotation which I noticed when he was about 6 months and now he's 10 months and walking he's got a transport schema. he loves to carry anything from room to room in a saucepan and will happily do this for ages. Another mindee that ive just started caring for has a trajectory schema, so I've provided him with soft balls and im going to get bean bags for him to throw.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how I can incorporate these schemas when planning activities, or adapt them so the kiddies can still do what they are driven to do, but mix it up a little bit to broaden their understanding.

Any books or resources or anything really where I can learn more would be great. When I google schemas all i get is a lot of good information on their definition, but not any practical advice on how to work with them.

Thanks! :D

BuggsieMoo
23-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Is this any good to you?

squeely wheely
23-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Is this any good to you?

That's great! thanks very much :clapping:

supermumy
23-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Is this any good to you?

That's a good sheet :)

watgem
23-03-2013, 03:05 PM
my youngest mindee has a rotational schema so we do things like "wind the bobbin uo"/"wheels on the bus/tractor", use things like pizza wheel cutters in playdough, paint rollers/car wheels etc in paint for mark making, I guess I try and enhance my basic provision using his schema as a starting point iyswim?

sarah707
23-03-2013, 05:12 PM
There is some useful info on my friend Lucy's website - Information on schemas (http://lucy-locket.com/schema.html) :D

squeely wheely
27-03-2013, 08:22 PM
That's great thanks!