PDA

View Full Version : How did you advitse before being registered?

Langaleah
22-03-2013, 12:15 PM
Hello. I'm currently a pre reg. (handed my forms in the other day)
I Havnt told many people that I'm doing it, as ATM I'm on maternity leave and I'm due back in June and don't want them finding out incase I have to go back(only if I'm not reg by then) and they could be funny with me (put me on a department I don't like, say I can't have the hours I need with my children)
Anyways how did you all advitse before being registered?
I'v already got my cousin wanting my to have her baby when she returns to work in September and a parent in my daughters school said she may be intrested.
Thanks in advance.
Leah x

Langaleah
22-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Or advertise* (useing a phone)

phoenix2010
22-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I advertised on childcare.co.uk website and stated when I would be completing my registration approximately

I find that alot of parents on there are looking for childcare well in advance anyway

Langaleah
22-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I advertised on childcare.co.uk website and stated when I would be completing my registration approximately

I find that alot of parents on there are looking for childcare well in advance anyway

Oh thanks. I was thinking of setting up a Facebook page and saying that I won't be up and running untill June/July but wondering if people I work with will see it then lol, but then again they won't know it's me unless they see a photo of myself.

serin
22-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Oh thanks. I was thinking of setting up a Facebook page and saying that I won't be up and running untill June/July but wondering if people I work with will see it then lol, but then again they won't know it's me unless they see a photo of myself.

I found that because one of the parents did not want to pay the subscription on the childcare site to message me, she googled my name which passed her onto my facebook page. I think you might as well set the page up when you have left your current job and you are registered. This has only happened once though.

phoenix2010
22-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Yes I have a facebook page too , actually I have had alot of enquiries through it

I also now have a website

sprinkles
22-03-2013, 01:44 PM
I'm still pre reg too and have made up a facebook page. I don't want anyone at work finding out either (my boss knows but that is it) so I made up a new profile for childminding and blocked the people at work I don't want to see it. I've also got them on "restricted" on my own profile so I can share things without them seeing. You can only do this if you set up a new profile though and not a page (I have both). I also haven't actually stated my name on my childminding profile. I've had three enquiries so far and they've all come through facebook.

I've also advertised on gumtree and childcare.co.uk. Unfortunately it would seem not many people here use childcare.co.uk though as there were very few local parents when I searched, and the ones I did find hadn't signed in for months.

A tip for the facebook profile...'like' your local for sale sites and post on there. If you're not allowed to advertise business I just put a post on saying I am looking for books or toys and then it at least gets your page out there and people can see it ;)

Langaleah
22-03-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm still pre reg too and have made up a facebook page. I don't want anyone at work finding out either (my boss knows but that is it) so I made up a new profile for childminding and blocked the people at work I don't want to see it. I've also got them on "restricted" on my own profile so I can share things without them seeing. You can only do this if you set up a new profile though and not a page (I have both). I also haven't actually stated my name on my childminding profile. I've had three enquiries so far and they've all come through facebook.

I've also advertised on gumtree and childcare.co.uk. Unfortunately it would seem not many people here use childcare.co.uk though as there were very few local parents when I searched, and the ones I did find hadn't signed in for months.

A tip for the facebook profile...'like' your local for sale sites and post on there. If you're not allowed to advertise business I just put a post on saying I am looking for books or toys and then it at least gets your page out there and people can see it ;)

Oh fab thank, that's really helped. I need to think of a name. I did just consider useing my own name, but then people would defo know it's me haha... Ill have a think, I'v already got my logo sorted tho x