PDA

View Full Version : what do you all do?

Mrs Scrubbit
21-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Hi would like to know what everyone else does about buying easter eggs for non attending siblings of mindees -do or don't? I just feel abit mean if I don't but am thinking about stopping now as I have some new mindees and in the past one thing lead to another-easter eggs, birthdays and xmas,it ends up abit expensive. I just hate the thought of sad little people feeling left out. x

The Juggler
21-03-2013, 11:02 PM
i am buying for one - but he is an ex-mindee and very dear to me even though I don't see him any more

SammySplodger
21-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Mindees are very little and not a crumb of chokkie has touched their lips yet! I'm giving them plush chick toys instead. :-)

littlemiss60561
22-03-2013, 12:12 AM
We're going to make Easter paper plate baskets this week and ill fill with a few mini eggs and a little chick n rabbit chocolate. I bought them all one on a 3 for 2 last year and it still got quite expensive. So this year ill just sneek them in their baskets before they take them home.

mazza58
22-03-2013, 08:32 AM
I have knitted all mine a chick and a basket to take home as it does get ridiculous with the expense of buying for mindees etc and the older children wont feel left out

phoenix2010
22-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Im not buying Easter eggs

they are all making a basket , and they will have cakes and mini chocolate eggs in them to take home

Mollymop
22-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I have decided not to buy Easter Eggs for my mindees, they get enough choc from their parents and family. It put me off once when a Mum said Oh more choc for me as ds gets lots of choc he never eats it all. lol
I tell people not to waste their money on buying my kiddies Easter Eggs too, they get one from us and one each from their Nan and Aunt and that is enough for us.

I spend loads on the mindees at Easter, buying special craft activities and we make yummy choc easter cakes and they all take a batch home.

When I did buy easter eggs for mindees I wouldn't buy for the siblings that did not attend. It's not my worry really, I know it sounds harsh but why should I pay out more just to keep the peace. The Sibling would probably get easter treats from school etc anyway.

jackie 7
22-03-2013, 09:42 AM
As usual I will be doing extra crafts withy mindees.all 2 and under. I don't do choc eggs. Might give them s book from my Costco pile of 10 for £10.

Angela234
22-03-2013, 09:55 AM
My 2 mindees are 15 and 19 months so i'm giving them a book each In the past I have brought for mindees only given to siblings when an ex mindee.

singingcactus
22-03-2013, 10:02 AM
When do you all give the chocolate to the kiddos? We didn't do eggs (or anything fun) as a kid, so I really don't even think about it now. Catches me by surprise every year, and I just don't know what day they get the chocolate or what day they eat it.

Mouse
22-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I don't give anything for easter.

The children do their crafts & will take home either some cakes or biscuits they've made, but I don't do presents.

And I've never given presents of any sort to non-attending siblings. It's never occurred to me to do that.

skatie
22-03-2013, 11:45 AM
This is my first Easter with mindees so I have been reading what you all do. I think I am going to take a page it of your books and just send them home with some little cakes that we will be making together with their little craft bits that we'll be doing. I'm a bit bah-humbug about Easter this year for my own kids, all the Easter eggs in the shops are huge and expensive. I think my kids would be a bit disappointed if I just gave them one or two big Easter eggs and are more focused on the quantity but I don't want them eating too much chocolate. Plus they'll be getting loads from various Aunts and a multitude of a grandparents, I don't want to be stuck eating choc for the next couple of months so I'm crocheting them some little chicks in eggs instead.

lizduncan72
22-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I only have one mindee at the moment but I have bought him an egg and his baby sister-who will be coming to me in June when mummy goes back to work-a cuddly bunny :)

JCrakers
22-03-2013, 01:00 PM
I used to buy but now I don't as I have 16 mindees plus 1 ex mindee who I buy birthday pressies for, so too much for me. Not just the cost but finding the time to sort it out.

jillplum
22-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I buy all mindees a little choc egg. One family I do buy for sibling as I look after 2 and only 1 would be left out.

rosebud
22-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Im not buying Easter eggs

they are all making a basket , and they will have cakes and mini chocolate eggs in them to take home

I do this too. They have enough cakes for each member of the family and would be expected to share.

gef918
22-03-2013, 08:29 PM
We did an easter egg hunt for little plastic eggs. And inside were... some grapes! Still had some happy children though :)

PixiePetal
22-03-2013, 08:35 PM
I have 2 sets of siblings so they all get a little something - this year I have bought melamine mugs (as I saw some with just the right pics for each child - Tractor Ted/space boy/dolly girls :)) and put in some mini eggs and choc rabbit.

We will do some baking next week - biscuits and nests to take home. If there were other siblings I would send home enough to share but not anything else for them

loocyloo
22-03-2013, 08:46 PM
easter eggs on easter sunday.

i usually find a little easter something - some stickers, a book and this year bouncy eggs, and put it in a little gift bag along with a few little choc eggs or chick etc. i got a load in lidl weeks ago! i only give to mindees.

easter has crept up on me, and i only realised yesterday, that today would be the last day i saw 2 mindees before easter!

next week i'm planning on making some little choc nests, easter cards and sticking feathers in polystyrene eggs!

karensmart4
22-03-2013, 08:54 PM
We have 14 children throughout the week, I have bought the plastic eggs from the 99p shop we are going to have Easter Egg Hunts and then I will put a few choc bits (coins, mini eggs) in the plastic ones, put 2 of these in the baskets they made this week along with a choc lolly. The children have also made Bunny Masks and decorated Hard Boiled Eggs. Next week they will make Rice Krispie Cake Nests topped with Mini Eggs.

I don't buy for siblings but tell the children to share ...... bet they don't ;)

Mrs Scrubbit
22-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks everyone I've decided to give a mini-eggs selection to my 'families' so they can all share( if they want to!) x

ziggy
24-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I bought small eggs for all mindees then £1 bars of chocolate for the siblings. Still buy eggs for first family i minded but they have now become great friends and are always available when i need help. Buy books throughout the year for christmas but easter seems to have come very quickly this year

*daisychain*
24-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm not a big Easter fan to be honest , im not religious and and not a huge fan of chocolate . Will just be doing crafts and baking treats to send home.

KatieFS
24-03-2013, 07:07 PM
We are going Easter activities this week (and last), have brought then all some sort of Easter choc egg (my mindees range from 18m,2,5,6,9,10)