PDA

View Full Version : funded hours

Helen Dempster
21-03-2013, 10:15 PM
hi everyone.

Do any of you offer the free funded hours to mindees? I've got two siblings starting in June and her mum's asked if I offer these, as one of the girls has 2.5 hours left over from her 3-4 year old funding and she's asked if she can use them when she comes to me?

I think it was the case that you had to be accredited before you offered these? Is that still the case, and if so, how do I go about doing this??

Thanks all x

christine e
22-03-2013, 01:02 AM
The criteria for delivering a funded place differs according to your local authority - you really need to contact your own LA t clarify

Cx

jax clinch
22-03-2013, 06:21 AM
In Lincolnshire you needed to have an ofsted grading of good, a green rag rating and a level 3 nvq. Then you have to attend a safeguarding course and senco course. They aren't recruiting anymore in Lincolnshire apparantly, but if you can do it I would recommend you do. I've found it useful with one of my families.

peppa Pig
22-03-2013, 06:58 AM
You need to contact your lea as every area is different nowadays i

Helen Dempster
22-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone - I've got all the right criteria needed, so that's a start :)

absmum23
22-03-2013, 11:39 AM
Hi Helen
Just a note please find out how much you will be paid per hour , our LA offer 40 p less an hour than what I currently charge. There is also additional meetings, training and our LA do an inspection which last a least a day once a year. Also I believe from an outstanding child minder that you have to wait up to 3 months for payment and it is term time only . She became accredited having had a child from 4 months old only for parent to remove their child into preschool. I have had a similar situation of starting the process as asked by the parent only for the parent to change their mind and take their child out. Bless she did offer me the wrap around hours so I could drop the child off and do pick up a total of half an hour, politely declined! Find out as much as you can as you are still running a business, your places are precious so try and use them to there full potential.