PDA

View Full Version : child whose hands shake, do I speak to mum?

mummylovatt
21-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi all, I have been looking after a 3 yr old for a few months now and have noticed his hands shake a lot, he seems to be ok when just doing his own thing playing but whenever he eats, colours/does craft and anything that involves concentration his hands shake really badly to the point where I do dot to dots for him to do his name but he cant stay anywhere at all near the letter shape. he drops several fork fulls of most meals as he shakes. I don't think its anxiety as he is generally a happy little boy and confident. I picked him up from his pre school session today which I dont normally do and the leader asked if she could have a word (she's a friend) and she asked if I had noticed the shaking as she thinks its quite bad. We dont know if we should have a word with mum about it. He does have a problem with the tendons in his legs being too short and I wonder if its connected? pre school know nothing of this condition.

Nicola Carlyle
21-03-2013, 07:00 PM
I would mention it to mum. My reaction was that maybe he feels nervous or under pressure when he has to actually do something structured but if at the time he seems happy and content then maybe not. But I would definately mention it to mum. x

dette
21-03-2013, 07:08 PM
definitly mention it !!!
my little neice who is now nearly 8 started to get shaky hands and sudden jerky movements,food falling off spoon etc.it was picked up on at school .
after extensive testing it turns out she has a rare syndrome that needs to be monitored and is hereditory so the whole family has been tested,turned out her dad (my dh's brother )was the carrier and my DH doesnt have it at all so our kids wont get it but her brother might
obviously this might not be the same thing at all but ..it could be ..or something worse .
pass on your concerns ASAP ,dont mention anything that i have told you but tell her you think it needs looked into

blue bear
21-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes, get mum to take little one to the doctors. They will refer to a paediatrician and run tests. It could be many things, from something as simple as an inhaler that doesn't agree with the child to something more serious.

RuthJ
21-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Oh yes, you really should mention it to Mum and strongly suggest she goes to the GP.