PDA

View Full Version : bag

Memina
21-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Just a quickie before I head out to various nursery runs.

What bag do you use for childminding? I have been carrying the children's bags with me but have suggested to parenta to bring wipes n nappies, leave a bottle here for water etc. Saves them having to bring it every day and when it needs topping up I send the bag home and it comes back.

But now I have huge bags so wanted my own that can have just what I need every day

Any ideas?

kellyskidz!
21-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Could you use a carrierbag under the pushchair for bottles etc then your own bag for nappies and your own things? Might save some space :)

mushpea
21-03-2013, 11:55 AM
I just have a rucksack for the little ones bits older children carry their own little rucksacks but that's mainly cause they want to as they feel more grown up like the schoolies, in the hols I don't have a pram so use one of those Reilly bags, my kids call it my granny bag lil

blue bear
21-03-2013, 11:59 AM
If I have the pram everything goes in the basket, if not I have a ruck sack I find that it's easiest and out of the way.

bunyip
21-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Are we permitted to register a designated Sherpa as an assistant? :rolleyes:

samb
21-03-2013, 12:31 PM
I have abag I bought from Matalan with a long handle that fits over the buggy handle and hangs behind the bottom seat. It has a zip across the top and is waterproof. I also have a rucksack for days when it's less practical to have anything else hanging on the buggy.

clareelizabeth1
21-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I have a jj cole satchel bag. It is massive can fit nappies for all mindies and a change of clothes. They were on sale at Tescos and I used my uncles points that he said I could use so it didn't cost me a thing which made it even better. I like this one as it came with straps to put it on the handle which leaves me with the basket to fill with other rubbish.

Kiddleywinks
21-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Rucksack here, surprising how much stuff I can get into it :thumbsup:

SammySplodger
21-03-2013, 12:57 PM
I have a Skip Hop bag with loads of pockets which clips neatly onto the buggy with stuff that all the babies use often: nappies, wipes, changing mat, first aid kit, snacks etc Generally it stays on the buggy all day long.

When new Mindees join, I provide my Parents Info Pack with various other bits and bobs in a canvas tote bag (with my logo on it). They put a change of clothes, hats, any creams, communication book etc in that bag and I put them in the bottom of the buggy when we ho out. When we get home, I hang them on the kids coat peg with their coats.

Memina
21-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I have a Skip Hop bag with loads of pockets which clips neatly onto the buggy with stuff that all the babies use often: nappies, wipes, changing mat, first aid kit, snacks etc Generally it stays on the buggy all day long.

When new Mindees join, I provide my Parents Info Pack with various other bits and bobs in a canvas tote bag (with my logo on it). They put a change of clothes, hats, any creams, communication book etc in that bag and I put them in the bottom of the buggy when we ho out. When we get home, I hang them on the kids coat peg with their coats.

Oh thats a good idea! May be worth getting some that parents can fill instead of bulky bags n then I could shove them all into one big bag! Where did you get them from

SammySplodger
21-03-2013, 03:11 PM
That's exactly why I bought them - its easier to store them on pegs and bug them in the bottom of the buggy, parents like a 'free' bag and people see them when we are out and about (advertising).

They are the cream canvas bags on Vistaprint for about £5 full price, BUT I seem to get discounts and free offers every time I order anything from them. It's worth waiting for a 'free bag' offer to pop up! I ordered 6 separately and I didn't pay full price for any of them! They are nice quality and can be washed easily, the printing fades slightly but is still readable.

Jenna
21-03-2013, 03:42 PM
What a fab idea with the bags I might look into the too

skatie
21-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Have just gone on vista print and ordered loads of stuff, got a couple of the canvas bags (love the idea), some very cheap business cards, postcar for displaying on notice boards at toddler group and some freebies too, free pen, and magnetic car advert! Yay! Can't wait for my delivery to arrive!

SammySplodger
21-03-2013, 05:58 PM
I LOVE Vistaprint! It's worth ordering a couple of items and then seeing what offers you get! You will get emails and vouchers in the box with the purchased items.

I order:
Bags - as discussed
Mailing labels - with my number and backup number to stick on tyvek wristbands for outings
Notepads - but I put custom text on them for invoice and receipt books
Leaflets / Flyers
Postcards - ie: posher flyers
Business cards
Business card magnets - for parents to stick on fridge so my number is close to hand

I don't think I have ever paid full price for anything and very often I have just paid the postage!

Also, I always do slow postage, as it usually arrives faster than stated.

Another fab place to look for logo / self branded stuff is: Spreadshirt. I have a sweatshirt and tshirt with my logo on from them. Not cheap - but really good quality and proper 'fitted' clothing (rather than unflattering sack-like tshirts).

lizduncan72
21-03-2013, 06:46 PM
I LOVE Vistaprint! It's worth ordering a couple of items and then seeing what offers you get! You will get emails and vouchers in the box with the purchased items.

I order:
Bags - as discussed
Mailing labels - with my number and backup number to stick on tyvek wristbands for outings
Notepads - but I put custom text on them for invoice and receipt books
Leaflets / Flyers
Postcards - ie: posher flyers
Business cards
Business card magnets - for parents to stick on fridge so my number is close to hand

I don't think I have ever paid full price for anything and very often I have just paid the postage!

Also, I always do slow postage, as it usually arrives faster than stated.

Another fab place to look for logo / self branded stuff is: Spreadshirt. I have a sweatshirt and tshirt with my logo on from them. Not cheap - but really good quality and proper 'fitted' clothing (rather than unflattering sack-like tshirts).

I've had loads of stuff from them too and only pay postage!!! Get emails from them every couple of weeks so there always seems to be one just when I need it :)