PDA

View Full Version : Clegg had no answer

jackie 7
21-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Samantha was great. She said the new childminders would have to join agency and the angencied we're trying to decide if parents would pay to join. She asked how this would reduce the costs and that childminders and parents would have no choice in who they choose to go with. Hd had no answer and will try to answer next week. He said a fluff answer that it was to reduce the paperwork. Don't know who Samantha is but if anyone does I thought she was great.

lisbet
21-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Sounds good :thumbsup: Was this a radio interview?? Hopefully what Samantha said will get parents thinking :cheerleader:

jackie 7
21-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Yes it was on l b c a London radio but I get it on sky and it is on web. I think it is be possible to hear or watch it on podcast. It was on nick ferraris morning shoe.

The Juggler
21-03-2013, 03:21 PM
i have just written to my MP (again) to alert him to the ridiculous scenario that agencies might in fact be allowed to charge parents when the whole aim of MGC is to reduce the burden of childcare costs.

I have asked for his views :p

lisbet
21-03-2013, 03:54 PM
i have just written to my MP (again) to alert him to the ridiculous scenario that agencies might in fact be allowed to charge parents when the whole aim of MGC is to reduce the burden of childcare costs.

I have asked for his views :p

It would be so much more straightforward if they had the balls to admit that the whole aim of MGC is to reduce government costs! :rolleyes:

mazza58
21-03-2013, 04:02 PM
i received a letter yesterday from my mp who had send my letter to Mrs Truss with my concerns and she had sent him a letter back to forward to me with answers to my questions, I dont know where she gets the answers from and how she thinks this is going to work out cheaper for parents etc, i might write back and tell her what I think of her answers

watgem
21-03-2013, 07:15 PM
a CM pal and I were wondering today if childminders are to be employed by an agency, as opposed to being self employed, who will pay for all the equipment, resources, heating, lighting, fod etc etc??? surely CMs wouldn't be expected to pay for it out of their income? and if the agencies were to pay fr it, would everything have to be approved by a committee before you culd buy it, similar to what happens in a preschool? just wondering.....

jackie 7
21-03-2013, 07:31 PM
I am waiting to bd told who is going to do my observations and paperwork. After all it is to reduce our paperwork. The thing is we run a buisness that doesn't need a bale out.

watgem
22-03-2013, 06:48 AM
we hadn't thought about that one lol :laughing::laughing::laughing:

bunyip
22-03-2013, 08:20 AM
I am waiting to bd told who is going to do my observations and paperwork. After all it is to reduce our paperwork. The thing is we run a buisness that doesn't need a bale out.

True that.

And when are Ingsoc sending someone to fit the CCTV in my house? After all, they're going to need remote monitoring of my setting if they're going to take over writing and reviewing my risk assessments effectively. :rolleyes:

watgem
22-03-2013, 01:37 PM
will they provide us with uniforms and shoes do you think?!