PDA

View Full Version : Childminding as a couple

cattaylor
20-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Hi all both me and my hubby are not working and we have both always wanted children and believe all children need and deserve a great start in life so we have now decided that childminding is what we both want to do I'm qualified at level 3 but he has no qualifications so my question is does he need to get some qualifications first, many thanks in advance cat and Matt xx

shortstuff
23-03-2013, 08:14 AM
I believe you need to complete cypop5 to be a cm even if you have level3? Someone should come along and correct me if im wrong.

If you have the quals you need partner can then register as your assistant while studying. But needs to have his first aid cert in order to be left alone. Then it is still a max of two hours a day.

You will both need to be approved by ofsted before little ones come on board using dbs's and references. Also any 16?+ yr old living at the address needs a dbs.

I think ive got it right. Some one should correct me if not. Goid luck in your venture.

clareelizabeth1
23-03-2013, 03:54 PM
It is different in every area. I had to do a local authority course that lasted about 8 weeks and a first aide course. Then OFSTED came and did a pre register visit done crbs then I could go ahead. Some people on my course had never done childcare before some like me had level 2 but none were more qualified than that.

phoenix2010
23-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I dont know if its the same nationally but I didnt have to do the whole course because I had a level 3

I only had to do a safeguarding refresher course

what I would say is if you are thinking about it then dont wait , it can be a long process , so get the ball rolling and you can always stop the process at any point if you decide its not for you

and you could register , with your partner being your assistant until he catches up and registers too , if thats what you decide to do

good luck

Chatterbox Childcare
23-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Ofsted now state that you have to do your initial course with your LA (this is the first unit of your level 3 qualification), first aid, eyfs training and health checks and references before you can apply.

Check with your LA and see what their additional rules are aswell.