PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance please explain!!

smurfette
20-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Rang my car insurance broker today about something else and while on, queried how many kids I was covered to carry., had been covered for three but as we had changed insurers wondered if it would cover four if I wanted to go out the Half days I have them all. He queried it with company and now says that they don't even have me down as a minder and I will need to change policy! This is their fault as we were definitely covered last time and asked them to provide same cover. Ggrrr!! Anyway I looked at our childminding associate website about their policy and they only cover 100 euros of hospital fees. So one wonders really why one has to have specific insurance ?! Imagine it is the same there in uk,, but what's the Story.,, is normal insurance invalidated if you have an accident while carrying minded children on 'business' or what exactly does it cover?!! Anyone shed any light??

QualityCare
20-03-2013, 05:51 PM
We have to have business use insurance (not the standard social domestic and pleasure) this covers us for taking minded children out in the car.

moggy
20-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, you need 'business use'- check it is written on your policy statement. Often it does not cost any more, when you say it is childminding.

sarah707
20-03-2013, 05:55 PM
Your normal insurance will not cover you - it has to be class 1 business.

Why not shop around see what's on offer? :D