PDA

View Full Version : Variations

Jenna
20-03-2013, 02:22 PM
In Wales can you only apply for a variation if child is a sibling. I've come across the problem the one of my parents lo is 3.5 goes to school in sept dad has suddenly up and left mum works 3 days a week with dad having lo the other day a Monday. Problem has come at mo she's having to use Monday as holidays but work aren't very happy and would ideally like me to have child on Monday as well only thing is I already have 3, 1is 2yrs other is 2.5 years and other is also 3.5 and will go to school on sept as well. I've tried phoning Cssiw only my inspector is off till Monday wondered if anyone had been in same situation I just feel so sorry for mum and I think it came totally out of the blue. I know I'd be able to cope as there all very independent abs we are lucky to have a lovely big house and enough room in the car for us all to get about.

sarah707
20-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I suggest you ring and check with your CSSIW inspector - they are usually really helpful and approachable and it will save you making any mistakes :D

manjay
21-03-2013, 01:45 PM
You are allowed variations for continuity of care which this is and I have been in exactly the same type of situation when a granny (who looked after my mindee part of the week) became ill. I was able to offer to care for the child on the days she would normally go to granny although I then had 4 under 5.

My only reservation (and why I can't advise properly) is that not all CSSIW offices or Inspectors are following the revised procedures for variations. Luckily mine do so for my current variation I just sent in an amended Statement of Purpose (reflecting new numbers and measures put in place to care for that many) along with confirmation that I had advised all other parents of my intentions. They no longer issue certificates with specific variations on them so you will only get a new certificate if you have a really old one which doesn't comply with the new legistaltion.

So in answer to your question your request would be a valid one but I would check with your inspector or the office exactly what they want you to do.

On a positive note CSSIW now have consistency officers in post so I am hoping that this helps with the current differences minders across Wales experience.