PDA

View Full Version : What would you do with places?

chezzagriff
20-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Im in 2 minds what to do and just interested to see what others would do. I have a 1yr old 3 days and a school pick up 2 of those days. This leaves me with 2 full days for an under 5 as i have my own 2 children under that. I have had a parent ask for an afternoon on one of those days but Im not sure wether to hold out for a two day which I could be waiting a while but then if I say yes one could come along! If I say yes I will still have one day available to fill.
Thanks everyone

AgentTink
20-03-2013, 11:18 AM
It depends on how much you need to money. I personally would not do it as i would start to resent the fact that i was having to wait in one afternoon a week for just one child, and potentially not earning that much. I am aware that all the time i can spend with my little one before she hits school is too precious, so that would sway me to not take a small contract like that on.

On the otherhand you could always say to mum that yes you can offer her a place however it is just until you can fill the 2 days, so more of on a temporary basis. That way in the menatime you woul dbe earning some money whilst still advertising.

sarah707
20-03-2013, 06:02 PM
A bird in the hand and all that...

I wouldn't hold a place unless I was being paid to hold it :D

chezzagriff
20-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I havent been asked to hold the 2 days just dont know if I should hold out myself. Starting to think I will take the one afternoon as even if I do find someone that wants the 2 days they have to be thursday and friday which might not be suitable for them.