PDA

View Full Version : EYPS - 15 month pathway?

Gherkin
30-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Was looking at doing the diploma in homebased chidlcare but one of the early Years Team asked why I was looking to do that when I could do the 15 month pathway to Ealy Years Professional status - I was being pretty thick as I hadn't realised that I could do that as my degrees are both history based.

Question I have: IS ANYONE DOING THE PATHWAY? If so how hard are you finding it. Think I really want to do it and believe it will be fully funded!!!! If you are childminding would you still have to go in to another setting or not?

Thanks

sarah707
01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
The childminder I have heard about who is most talking about doing eyps is Tunja Stone. She's been writing about her eyps journey in one of the big magazines (Child care I think) over the last few months.

It's clearly been a challenge ... but I am aware more authorities are pushing people into doing it.

Bumblebee
02-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Hi,
I am considering doing EYPS, I have a degree in Child Development and Education but my local support team don't seem to know much about it. Is is funded by the government? I'm not sure how to go about it really. Any ideas? Thanks :)

FizzysFriends
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
They are currently talking about this on a childminding yahoo group, may be worth joining at this point to pick their brains?