PDA

View Full Version : emergency name

Karen1
19-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Hi

In the policies you have to add a person who will care for the children in an emergency. Does this person have to be another childminder or can it be anyone in your household (who has been crb)?

thanks

ajc
19-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Hi, yes I have my husband down as my contact, doesn't have to be a c/m.

ChocolateChip
19-03-2013, 04:59 PM
I have a few down, have asked them first if they were happy but have my hubby, and a couple of friends, one helps with a toddler group and one works in the school office, (basically people who are nearby and get to me quickly, and both are crb'd) but have also said it may be a neighbour or the first parent who arrives to collect. Best to cover all bases :D

Tms
19-03-2013, 05:36 PM
My CHIPS tutor said other childminders are not a good idea as they cannot under any circumstances go over their child ratio's even in emergency.
I have best friend (a mum who i walk to school with daily) and my husband and parents all live within 2 mins from my home and can all be handy in emergency. Its helpful if you have pictures and short bit info for parents so they know whos would have kids in emergency (if they are at all uneasy then do a meet the emergency carers coffee evening so they can meet them with there children as part of settling, this is good for parents who are already a bit stressed at thought of leaving their darlings) , it makes them feel at ease..... hope this helps

loocyloo
19-03-2013, 05:42 PM
I have a few down, have asked them first if they were happy but have my hubby, and a couple of friends, one helps with a toddler group and one works in the school office, (basically people who are nearby and get to me quickly, and both are crb'd) but have also said it may be a neighbour or the first parent who arrives to collect. Best to cover all bases :D

my DH is often out of the office, but i have one of the girls from the office listed too! office is 2 minutes away.

in an emergency you don't know where you will be and what the situation will be, so i have said in an emergency i will leave the children with a responsible adult.

the parents trust you to look after their children, they are going to (have to) trust you in an emergency.

Tinkerbell1979
19-03-2013, 07:31 PM
My CHIPS tutor said other childminders are not a good idea as they cannot under any circumstances go over their child ratio's even in emergency.
I have best friend (a mum who i walk to school with daily) and my husband and parents all live within 2 mins from my home and can all be handy in emergency. Its helpful if you have pictures and short bit info for parents so they know whos would have kids in emergency (if they are at all uneasy then do a meet the emergency carers coffee evening so they can meet them with there children as part of settling, this is good for parents who are already a bit stressed at thought of leaving their darlings) , it makes them feel at ease..... hope this helps

We were told as its an emergency they are allowed to go over numbers but only until Parents pick up which in an emergency is not long

Karen1
20-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks for that. I am going to put the childminder friend and my husband down then. All covered.

Dippy1
20-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks for that I've jut started so I think I shall put responsible adult