PDA

View Full Version : getting an assistant ?

lishylee
30-06-2008, 09:06 PM
sorry not sure where to post this
i was wondering what you need to do to get an assistant to help you would you be allowed more children ?
my partner is unemployed has been for a few months now (hes a tiler and buisness is very slow at min) and has been great helping me with kiddies iv had so many phone calls and people wanting me to look after there children iv had to turn a lot of them down or i would be over my numbers
my partner has sugested he becomes my assistant does anyone know would he need to do al lthe courses i have done my friend said he would just need to do first aid course is this right

any advice much apriciated (excuse my spelling i cant spell lol )

thanks again leanne

Trouble
30-06-2008, 09:47 PM
i know you have to have crb and first aid not sure about others but it wouldnt do any harm, you can have more children but they would have to tell you,

someone else might be able to tell you better

SimplyLucy
01-07-2008, 05:49 AM
My mum has just become my assistant and I've been given higher numbers. She hasn't done any courses and no one has mentioned her doing a first aid course.

She just had to do a CM2 form and a CRB.

Pauline
01-07-2008, 06:28 AM
If you have a look in the "Registered Assistants" section, there are lots of posts about the pro's and con's of having an assistant.

I will move this thread into that section for you too as you will get more response there.

Good luck, in my experience an assistant is a great bonus! :)