PDA

View Full Version : advice/suggestions please :)

kimmy79
19-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Hi everyone, can i firstly say that this site is a godsend! So much information and help to be had by the people that know best :)

Ok, i am new to childminding and have only just sent off my pack and paid my fee so hoping things will all come together very soon, my query is this.......while undertaking the local authority courses etc they could not emphasize enough that even though you will be minding from your house it is still your HOME, my worry at the moment is how do i display posters, and everything else parents and ofsted will want to see in my home? I dont particularly want posters and drawings and all manner of things stuck to my wallpaper 7 days a week especially when the working day is done and we as a family want to relax in our living room! :blush:

im not lucky enough to have a separate room for childminding at the moment otherwise i wouldnt even question displaying posters etc but im just wondering how other people get around it?

I have children of my own so of course the living areas have toys in etc but its the displaying of things im worried about as its something i want to do.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :clapping: thank you x

Kerry84
19-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I am new too, my course doesnt start until June but may have some suggestions, how about a large pin board or similar that you can have out at times you have mindees and then slot it behind your sofa etc on days you have free, or if there is a cupboard you can put things on the back of the door and have open when mindees are there and close when they go home, not great but hope it helps a bit :)

georgeypie07
19-03-2013, 01:38 PM
i worried about that when i first started too. i display all my ofsted required stuff in nice photo frames next to my coat pegs (not to intrusive) for everything else i made a 'topicboard' which was a large piece of chipboard and i covered it in felt (which matched my living room decor) and my husband hung it on the wall. we do different topics each month and we use it to put all our artwork/photos and ideas etc.
my husband has recently decorated so banned anyway from putting stuff on the walls!!
my ofsted inspector thought it was great but did mention it needing more multiculteral images on it!!

hope this helps xx

blue bear
19-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Yellow moon and amazon do a plastic display wallet thing, I put all the certificate in that, hang it from a door handle in the day and shove it away in a cupboard when I'm not working.

kimmy79
20-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Thanks everyone, it really does help getting feedback and being able to throw some ideas around :) I dont mind blu-tacking posters etc to doors as they can be removed at the end of the day, liking the pin board idea, anything that can do the job but be put away later is always gonna be a good thing, thanks all :clapping: