PDA

View Full Version : Maternity pay

Becci26
19-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Hiya,

Bit of a stupid one I'm afraid...
I plan to start my maternity leave at the end if the summer term but in the meantime I am cutting back heavily and will now only be doing school runs after Easter.
This in turn massively reduces my income, does this mean that I won't be able to claim the 'full' maternity allowance? I think I will be bringing in less than we are able to claim.
It's only just dawned on me that I have probably ballsed up here as I just assumed ill be able to claim the full maternity allowance as have been working full time until now :-(

Nicola Carlyle
19-03-2013, 07:28 AM
When you claim maternity allowance you have to put down do many weeks earnings. From what u can remember you can choose which weeks you out down as long as its within so many weeks of you starting maternity leave and from memory it's something like 40 week. So you choose whichever weeks were your highest earning if you know what I mean. Sorry I can't be any further help. X

muffins
19-03-2013, 11:48 AM
When claiming maternity allowance as self employed they dont ask you for you earnings, so long as you have been paying your national insurance (which they check you dont need to do anything) then you will recieve the full amount!:thumbsup:

Becci26
19-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Oh that's good to read! Thanks for that, I can stop worrying now :-)