PDA

View Full Version : Dispaly for 9 month old.

Glitter
18-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Hello,
I only have one mindee at the moment. He is nine months old. I would like to make a couple of displays for him.
I am going to do one with photos of him playing, eating etc.
I would like the other one to be an interactive display but I am not sure what to do.
Does anyone else have any ideas?
Thanks.

VeggieSausage
18-03-2013, 03:59 PM
what about something with different textures for him to reach for and touch...

squeely wheely
18-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I can't remember what the call them something boards, but they have interactive household stuff like door knockers, latch chain, things to twist. Actually I think they're busy boards Google that you might get some good ideas there :)

SDC34cr
18-03-2013, 10:40 PM
I can't remember what the call them something boards, but they have interactive household stuff like door knockers, latch chain, things to twist. Actually I think they're busy boards Google that you might get some good ideas there :)

What a good idea. I have a couple of little ones that would love this

clareelizabeth1
18-03-2013, 10:59 PM
I love the look of busy boards but can never quite bring myself to buy something that teaches children to escape/get into things they shouldn't. I am always slightly sad when a child finally works out how to open the gate to get out the garden. I means I have to start using the bolt on the other side to and I always forget I have locked it and walk in to the gate.

squeely wheely
19-03-2013, 12:04 AM
I love the look of busy boards but can never quite bring myself to buy something that teaches children to escape/get into things they shouldn't. I am always slightly sad when a child finally works out how to open the gate to get out the garden. I means I have to start using the bolt on the other side to and I always forget I have locked it and walk in to the gate.

Lol! I never thought of it like that before.....

Glitter
19-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I have googled busy boards and found some that don't teach children how to escape. They are covered in hair scrunchies, bells, and things that spin. I am really looking forward to making one now.

kellyskidz!
19-03-2013, 09:44 AM
you could make a Touch & Feel display with a large piece of cardboard and glue different materials to it. I used cotton wool, sandpaper, tin foil, feathers, sponge etc- was really cheap to make so I wasn't too distraught when it eventually got distroyed!!:panic:

vals
19-03-2013, 11:18 AM
I like the busy board idea. Might help solve the problem of the ones that put everything in their mouths. I'm not very clever at constructing or creative things etc so would love to see any photos of boards people have made.